cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Request Prayers

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Wife fell backwards while trying to repair planter that someone ran into, last week. She went to a urgent care who said she had a traumatic brain injury but not...serous?
Well she is essentially been in bed for days. Today he said she felt some better.
She refuses to go to an ER.
I can't take her, I can't drive, possibly ruptured disc and other things. I can't sleep and medication isn't helping a lot. Can't walk well or get up or lay down.
Called her Brother a little while ago, to call her in the morning and take to her or even come and take her.please pray for my wife.
16 REPLIES 16

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
How are you and your wife doing today?
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
down home wrote:
Thanks Folks for your Prayers!Elsie is going to be fine. Sinus infection and some pneumonia. Head injury not leaving permanent scaring or any on her brain.
Daughter took her yesterday to ER and today me.

Glad to hear she went. Sounds like the ER visit found a potential serious problem - pneumonia.

And glad you went in also and got some help for your issues.

Be welland be safe.

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
What was the fall Height? Did your wifes'head strike an unyielding surface like concrete resulting in soft tissue injury bleeding or altered level of consciousness? Does she take any bloodthinner meds? They can be a factor in closed head trauma bleeding.
Could be simple as a scalp wound, concussion, or closed brain bleed, a potentially very serious injury. Hence my suggestion of transport by ambulance to a
hospital with appropriate diagnostic resources and physicians to diagnose and treat.

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
thomasmnile wrote:
Retired paramedic here. The urgent care facility made their diagnosis based on what? Is your wife's behavior significantly different than before her accident? What, if any physical symptoms is she displaying?

Not a lot of detail provided, but I would suggest 911 call for an ambulance, transport to a hospital for evaluation where a doctor could order imaging such as a CT scan or MRI, tests I'm sure weren't available at an urgent care facility.

Don't know where you are, but in Florida EMS personnel were covered
by what was called the incapacitatd patient law. Simply put, if in the judgment of a paramedic or EMT a patient (based on history, behavior,symptoms, physical presentation) could be transported to a hospital for evaluation; not to be confused with laws addressing psychiatric or mental health crisis.

She was fatigued and slightly out of kilter....and her head hurt,

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Folks for your Prayers!Elsie is going to be fine. Sinus infection and some pneumonia. Head injury not leaving permanent scaring or any on her brain.
Daughter took her yesterday to ER and today me.

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
rexlion wrote:
I have prayed for both of you. May your health and well-being be restored.

Unless your wife has been incapacitated mentally by the fall, IMO respect her wishes. Hospitals are not without their risks. An adult should be free to decide what level of care she will have, barring incapacity of course. Making one's own decisions and having autonomy contributes greatly to an adult's quality of life, and quality of life generally trumps quantity (for example, who wouldn't prefer 1 year of freedom over 20 in the slammer?).

I agree. However, with brain injuries, the person may feel perfectly fine and by the time they start feeling poorly, it's too late.

I always think of Natasha Richardson and her family. I suspect if she had a second chance, she would have not refused medical care when she first fell.

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
I have prayed for both of you. May your health and well-being be restored.

Unless your wife has been incapacitated mentally by the fall, IMO respect her wishes. Hospitals are not without their risks. An adult should be free to decide what level of care she will have, barring incapacity of course. Making one's own decisions and having autonomy contributes greatly to an adult's quality of life, and quality of life generally trumps quantity (for example, who wouldn't prefer 1 year of freedom over 20 in the slammer?).
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
its simple call 911 she wont have a choice if they see shes at risk .Let her be mad ag you atleast shes alive still

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
There are services that have MDs and nurses who make house calls. Please consider.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Ed_Gee
Explorer
Explorer
down home wrote:
I can get her there. She just won't go.

When my mother suffered serious brain issue, my wife and I physically forced her out of bed and took her to hospital. Turned out was a terminal brain tumor.

Better, I would do what Thomas said .
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
Retired paramedic here. The urgent care facility made their diagnosis based on what? Is your wife's behavior significantly different than before her accident? What, if any physical symptoms is she displaying?

Not a lot of detail provided, but I would suggest 911 call for an ambulance, transport to a hospital for evaluation where a doctor could order imaging such as a CT scan or MRI, tests I'm sure weren't available at an urgent care facility.

Don't know where you are, but in Florida EMS personnel were covered
by what was called the incapacitatd patient law. Simply put, if in the judgment of a paramedic or EMT a patient (based on history, behavior,symptoms, physical presentation) could be transported to a hospital for evaluation; not to be confused with laws addressing psychiatric or mental health crisis.

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Will she do a telephone or zoom appointment with her doctor?

That may be all she needs and will second the opinion of the urgent care. And if the doctor says she needs a scan, etc, she may be more willing to listen.

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
I can get her there. She just won't go.

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not trying to sound mean, or stick my nose where it doesn't belong. First off, I will pray for you and your wife.

Secondly, I still believe in god helps those who help themselves. I get not wanting to go to the ER, but she needs to see a doctor. If you can't take her, there has to be someone, a neighbor or friend who will. Uber or Lyft is a great idea.

You owe it to her to get her to a doctor. DO IT NOW

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS