cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rear ended long way from home.

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
Saw this on the way home from work today. Was at the intersection of the 15/78 in SoCal.

Looks like of course massive trailer damage and broke the hitch free and pushed the trailer into the cab.

https://imgur.com/gallery/MqWIlT2
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler
19 REPLIES 19

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
Whoa!!! The Ram/Ford trash talking----! Can't we all just get along?
Say what ya want, but my made in Mexico Ram came with some tortillas, and a bottle of Jose. AND, we don't care if it takes longer for us, cause we got chips & drink.
So There...
Seriously, we 've been in a RV wreck and it's something that's not fun. Hopefully all works out for them.

LIKE2BUILD
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:
Looks like bad enough to have broke the hitch! So sad to damage both the 5er and the TV.

What a bummer. If you look closely at the top front corner of the slide out you'll see a wrinkle in the siding. That 5er is totalled for sure because that means the frame bent and pulled down on the entire side of the trailer. ๐Ÿ˜ž
'14 Ram 2500|Crew Cab Long Bed|4X4|Cummins
Curt Q20 with Ram 5th Wheel Prep
2000 Crownline 205BR
1997 Ranger Comanche 461VS
'01 Polaris Virage TX PWC
'94 Polaris SLT750 PWC
3 Wonderful Sons (21, 15, & 13)
1 forgiving wife!!!

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
One person's "enforcement" is another person's "cash grab."

If the cops go out there and start pulling people over en-masse, there's going to be repercussions, both in public opinion and physically against the police. There are already certain demographics that claim they're being singled out and harassed by law enforcement unfairly, and they're not above retaliation.

That doesn't even address the more immediate issue, which is that pulling people over in heavy traffic causes more problems than it solves. Someone texting *might* cause an accident, but a cop pulling them over in heavy traffic *WILL* cause traffic jams.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
rhagfo wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Yeah, but uninsured motorist usually only covers personal injury, won't do squat for property damage.

Should cover property damage also.
"Uninsured Motorist insurance options vary widely by state including coverage options, available limits and mandatory requirements."

"Depending on the state, Uninsured Motorist insurance may be three separate insurance coverages that are typically categorized together:

Uninsured Motorist insurance (UM or UMBI)
Underinsured Motorist insurance (UIM)
Uninsured Motorist Property Damage insurance (UMPD)"

In Missouri "Uninsured Motorist Insurance" only covers personal injury.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
In spite of our tow vehicle choices and associated attempts at humor we know that we can not control other drivers or make them pay attention in this day and age of the continuously connected to the ear cell phone syndrome and distracted driving epidemic. What ya gonna do? Hope and pray that it doesn't happen to us is all we can do.

I went by an accident on the main road into Pigeon Forge one day where a brand new Silverado 1 ton dualy hauling a brand new 3 axle 5th wheel rear ended a bob tail semi truck. It was pretty bad with injuries. Had to be a new RVer inexperiencd in towing. We can all fall victim to an accident. Seeing things like this just reminds us to drive carefully and hope for the best.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
(F)ound (O)n (R)oad (D)ead

Don't rear end a dead Bosch CP4.2 in you lane. Owner is going to have enough problems trying to get Ford to warranty it.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
4x4ord wrote:
They need a dedicated lane for the Rams pulling up hill. When you drive a Ford those slow moving Dodges can kind of sneak up on ya.:)

I thought that Rams already had their own lane, it is marked as bicycles only.
bumpy

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
fj12ryder wrote:
Yeah, but uninsured motorist usually only covers personal injury, won't do squat for property damage.

Should cover property damage also.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
They need a dedicated lane for the Rams pulling up hill. When you drive a Ford those slow moving Dodges can kind of sneak up on ya.:)
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hey, the truck damage may cost more the the trailers. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
it should buff right out.
bumpy

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
I think that may be referred to as a "former 5th wheel" now.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

camperdave
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
Hopefully for the RVers sake, the at fault party had insurance.

Hoping doesn't pay the bills. I hope the RVer has uninsured motorist insurance!
2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v