cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Propane blockage, how do I fix it?

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have had intermittent problems with the propane quick connect at the rear of my trailer at the outdoor kitchen over the summer. This last week it stopped working completely. I have plenty of propane and can quickly light my interior cooktop, but cannot get gas to my exterior quick connect hookup.

I have tested my stove's hose on another Jayco camper and attempted to use another camper's hose on mine. My hose works fine on the other camper, but nothing works on mine. I believe that I have some type of blockage in my propane line after my other appliances (water heater, fridge, interior cooktop all work) but before my quick connect at the outdoor kitchen.

I've seen articles where they discuss "blowing the line" with compressed air, but I'm not entirely certain how to do that. Can anyone give me some advice on this? Thanks!
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS
5 REPLIES 5

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for the help everyone. I took everything apart today and blew air through fittings, didn't notice anything come out. Still wouldn't light. I noticed that my propane heater and propane water heater weren't lighting either... even though my interior stove lighted immediately.

Finally I decided to close my one "main" propane tank and switch to my "reserve" tank. I was able to immediately light my exterior stove. I wonder if perhaps I didn't have enough pressure in the lower tank to push the fuel through the back regulator...? I've got a trip next weekend, so I will keep an eye on it.

I appreciate those that offered help! Sometimes it feels that this forum is just an online argument fest, so its nice to get helpful tips!!!
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Disconnect all regulators that are rated for propane use. That may mean crawling underneath and capping all branch lines to appliances. I tend to blow back from the tank location through the supply pipe and towards the open end.

I use 125 PSI air, which my portable compressor delivers. If you notice no detritus exiting the pipe near the removed quick coupler, the fault may be in the coupler, itself. Many are not built well and, if brass, are often made overseas.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

ndrorder
Explorer
Explorer
Could be a touchy OPD as well. Have you tried turning off the valve at the tank before connecting the grill and be sure the grill is turned off before turning the tank back on.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Could be something caught in the quick disconnect too.
I would try Johns idea first.

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can you turn the propane off then remove the outside fitting turn the propane on for a second and see if it blows anything out. Could be something at the outside fitting it's self.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH