cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Problems with Winter Travel

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure if this has been posted previously....but it's worth a second look...(I guess it is all part of the adventure).

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro
25 REPLIES 25

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
A. There's tracks in the snow through the ditch from the trucks tires ... so at least the truck went down into and out of ... the ditch.

B. If the above happened ... then the wrong person driving could have "just figured" that the 5'er would follow right along ... and you know basic momentum could easily work to suspend the 5'er like that.

C. That sure seems like a huge 5'er to only have dual axles. I'd more trust triples to better carry a 5'er that long.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, If the tow vehicle would have been a Ram, This would have been just a speed bump!
Sorry, sometimes one has to be a smarty....

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
looks like downtown pdx any time in snows

cross21114
Explorer
Explorer
So the big questions are how did they get it out and how much damage was done?
Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
360 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2016 Ford Expedition

rjr6150
Explorer
Explorer
Itโ€™s true. The park is in North Platte, NE. name is Holiday RV Park & Campground. The incident happened early last spring. If in doubt contact John the owner for verification. We live 80 miles east and meet friends from Kansas there monthly during the summer.
Randy & Kathy
2016 F350 CC SWB 6.7 Platinum with a few mods
08 F350 CC SWB Lariat 6.4 PSD
Pull Rite Superglide 18K
2013 Heartland Landmark Key Largo

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am assuming that he tried to to drive through the dip, not realizing how deep it was due to flat light. There are tracks through the dip, and fresh snow in front of the outside DRW.
Those on the forum that ski will understand flat light in snow!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
et2 wrote:
Photoshopped. There's no snow pile-up on the side of the fiver or in the rear if we are suppose to assume it slid sideways or backward. Nor are there tracks showing a slide into the ditch. Those wheels if a side ways slide would be packed with snow.

Not sure why people find the need to make believe. But I'm sure it's happened to someone.

I am not sure but for me the fact the fiver wheels do not seem to be at full drop would make me suspect also.

et2
Explorer
Explorer
Photoshopped. There's no snow pile-up on the side of the fiver or in the rear if we are suppose to assume it slid sideways or backward. Nor are there tracks showing a slide into the ditch. Those wheels if a side ways slide would be packed with snow.

Not sure why people find the need to make believe. But I'm sure it's happened to someone.

MrWizard
Fire hydrant, why not
There are houses in the background
With housing around, there should be fire hydrants

Wouldn't surprise me, if that was his neighborhood, and he was just trying to get out of town
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
Photoshopped? Maybe.
However, I have seen similar accidents with and without trailers.
I remember one on the highway on Whidbey Island years ago, where a 1955 Chevy station wagon was nearly totaled. It slid off into the ditch, and ended up with the driver's side rear corner on one side of the ditch and the passenger side front corner on the other side. Hardly a dent in the sheet metal, but it was twisted so bad it was unrepairable with 1960's technology.
Anyway, yes, it could be photoshopped, but it could also be reality.
I would not bet either way.
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
Fizz wrote:
Can't even begin figuring that out and what's that fire hydrant doing there?

Maybe he has a dog and picked that spot with the hydrant for the dog's convenience.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Photo-shopped!

Tachdriver
Explorer
Explorer
Watch that first step. Its a loo loo

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I donโ€™t think small drag wheels would have helped. lol
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad