Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pockett door off track stuck in wall

RONTHET
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry as this maybe too long.
Just stated a 5-to-6-week trip. Second night stop the bathroom pocket door cam of the track and was back in the wall. A rv tech was able to get it out and swap the roller around as one of the rollers had a wheel off.

Drive the next day and next stop same thing, off the track and really stuck in wall. We believe the door is bowed/wrapped and that is why its hard to get out of wall, as well as tilted down at the end of the track but one roller handing on so bottom of door is tiled up off the floor.

I send my vin number etc all to another rv tech guy to order roller and meet him in two weeks at the next stop. Found out today he cannot get the order in time.

So I need some options. These are a few I'm thinking
The door itself is a $155.00 item and roller are like 5.99 each.

The opening of the door way is 27". I am told the pocket door is 30" wide.
The frid door is stick out 2 1/2" cutting the opening to around 25 1/2" . not enough room to tile door out away from bathroom without removing the fright. I can take off the bracket on the top of the frig and remove the top door and remove the bottom door, but the bottom bracket is attached underneath the fride and not on the front like the top door. So frid would have to come out enough to remove that door support. Do not want to remove my 12 volt fridg.

the rv tech upfront is $80.00 service call and $120 per hour.

I'm thing if I can get a steel rod with a 90 degree bend I might be able to tilt the door at the back and get it out of the wall enough to just cut 6" off the door. if door is bad, which I think it is, then doing this I save $200.00. Then I would just worry about it when we get back home.

I just feel the door need to be out while traveling as it is up against our shower drain pipe coming through the wall. We have a shower leak ever once in a while and the water appears right at the pocket door. Might be able to find the leak if the door is out of the wall.

Sorry for so long. Thank you to anyone who will respond.
6 REPLIES 6

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Please clarify the water leak vs drain pipe. Apparently it's a fresh water leak unless the shower floor is above the base floor? ie Just not sure what the leak has to do with the drain pipe and are you are referring to the vent pipe?
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
X2 Put the door on the back burner and enjoy the trip. Plus water can and will cause a lot of damage and should be the top priority regardless of the door IMHO.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

p220sigman
Explorer
Explorer
I have to agree with Lou. I'd get a tension curtain rod and put a curtain over the opening to suffice to complete your trip and then deal with it when you get home and have time.

Cutting the door down may not be an option as the door may not be solid. Everything in an RV is typically designed to be light.

Gooma
Explorer
Explorer
Why do you think the door is warped? Maybe it's just wedged in tight. Grab the top of the door and pull or push and see if you can move it. There is very little clearance so it doesn't take much to make the door bind up.
Cutting off the door or tearing apart your unit seems rather drastic.

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
YouTube search shows lots of options for 'pocket door won't close' and sa few when you add 'rv' to the search as well. Here's one that might help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1Etphj3LSo&ab_channel=AaronSRose
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
I know this might no be the answer you are looking for, but if the door is stuck open you really don't have a problem. Just leave it there. If that's not an acceptable long term solution you can deal with it when you get home. I can't see how the door being open is causing any kind of water leak.