Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Outdoor wireless speakers?

CaptSailor
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy,

Our RV has a stereo that has Bluetooth line in, but no bluetooth output. It was 3 speaker outputs (A, B, C), with A being inside, B being an outside pair, and C being unused.

The exterior speakers are trash and have stopped working. They were really terrible anyway. So I was thinking of installing a set of decent outdoor speakers (we are semi-permanently parked). Problem is the wire path to get from the stereo to outside is not easy in any way. It got me wondering if there were wireless speakers (where there is a transmitter at the stereo), plugged into the speaker jacks, and the receiver is built into the speaker.

It seems from my searches that the vast majority of results are a bluetooth wireless meant to connect to your smartphone or something. I don't want that at all, as we have no cellular service. I just want to play AM/FM, CD, etc from the stereo. Does this exist?
10 REPLIES 10

blindeyes
Explorer
Explorer
Been using a jbl wireless speaker for 2 years now. It's a little bit expensive in my opinion but it lasts me 10 hrs of playing music but I only use that when we are parked. Been downloading music from spotify (they have everything there).

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
CaptSailor wrote:
opnspaces wrote:
Here's some bluetooth transmitters.
Transmitters

Speakers

Ah ok, you were meaning the headphone jack style. I was hoping to avoid that so that I could keep both the Inside speakers active AND the wireless outside ones at the same time. Plugging in a headphone jack mutes the speakers. Alas this may be the only option.

If you have RCA speaker jacks on the back of the stereo unit you can get a cable that has RCA plugs on one end and a female headphone jack on the other end.

I used one of the cables to plug into the second set of outputs on the back of a satellite receiver so that I could plug in a Bluetooth transmitter with male headphone jack. This allowed me to use a set of bluetooth headphones to listen to the television so I wouldn't disturb my dad while he was sleeping. There was no headphone jack on the television.

CaptSailor
Explorer
Explorer
opnspaces wrote:
Transmitters

Speakers

Ah ok, you were meaning the headphone jack style. I was hoping to avoid that so that I could keep both the Inside speakers active AND the wireless outside ones at the same time. Plugging in a headphone jack mutes the speakers. Alas this may be the only option.

CaptSailor
Explorer
Explorer
pushtoy 2 wrote:
I have a Bluetooth portable that links to my in dash radio when it is in the Bluetooth mode. you have to link them. the speakers sounds great. it runs on 120 volts or the internal battery about 1 hr. on a charge. found it on amazon

This stereo only has bluetooth INPUT, not output so unfortunately I can't use a simple bluetooth portable speaker.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Transmitters

Speakers
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

pushtoy_2
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Bluetooth portable that links to my in dash radio when it is in the Bluetooth mode. you have to link them. the speakers sounds great. it runs on 120 volts or the internal battery about 1 hr. on a charge. found it on amazon
DREAMER FMCA200924
GS Life member

CaptSailor
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Or? figure out where speaker set "C" attaches to the stereo, and attach there a separate blue tooth device that will run the blue tooth speakers.

But, as I recall, my previous campers had an A-B-C. A for inside, B for outside, C for both. But yours may be different.

Do you know of a device that is a bluetooth transmitter that allows a speaker output as the input for the transmitter?

Our stereo has A, B, C buttons. Pressing the A button toggles inside speakers on/off, and pressing B button toggles outdoor speakers on/off, so having A & B selected gives both on. From what I can tell the C button is totally unused.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
A friend tried the bluetooth speaker thing, the problem was battery life, he was always running out of power when he wanted to use them.

In the end he just replaced the outdoor speakers with a decent (and not very expensive at all) set of marine speakers. Boat speakers are designed for poor conditions and for delivering bass (not just tinny transistor radio sound) with no real enclosure behind them.

If you want sound closer to where you are it would be really easy to install a couple of 1/4" jacks which would disconnect your outdoor speakers and send them to movable wired in speakers in case your "C" setting is as above not a third set of outputs.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Or? figure out where speaker set "C" attaches to the stereo, and attach there a separate blue tooth device that will run the blue tooth speakers.

But, as I recall, my previous campers had an A-B-C. A for inside, B for outside, C for both. But yours may be different.

brianpearce
Explorer
Explorer
Look for a Bluetooth transmitter that plugs into the headphone jack on the stereo. Connect your wireless Bluetooth speakers to this and you will have music.