cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oregon rules for pumping gasoline & covid-19

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
What are the current rules in Oregon??? I have traveled extensively throughout the state and enjoyed their quick and friendly service in pumping my gas for me. It creates jobs especially for the young and in the rural areas I was allowed to pump my own gas if desired.

Some members on another smaller so called RV forum suffer from hyper high BP over this silly issue. Two in particular mjeltin and DanZ may have a HA over this. Cheers to the good guys

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1739912699644241&type=3
27 REPLIES 27

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
"Back in the day" you wouldn't be here....or sitting in an RV as nice as you have now.

Sagebrush
Explorer
Explorer
On the news I see video of $5 plus gasoline out west in Cali, around here it has reached $2.79 for regular. We were at $1.89 for a while. We Alabamians are simple folks I guess, but we pump gas all by ourselves with no supervision!

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
First: It's only gas that falls under pumping regulations, not diesel. So most places will allow you to pump your own diesel, and many require you to so they don't get caught in the "you filled it with gas"

Second: Oregon passed a new regulation that outlines where self serve is allowed. basically smaller population counties and areas. you'll see signs that say "self serve" "self serve only" etc. Figure that most rural areas are likely self serve

Third: Oregon has occasionally relaxed the self serve for short periods of time, like during Covid, during the recent heat wave etc.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
The COVID rules are opening up in OR. I would plan to have a mask to go in stores, but no need to put on a mask to hand the guy your CC for fuel. My last fill up in OR the guy did wash the back window of my SUV, didn't even ask him to. He did the guy in front of me also.

If you have a Diesel truck, you can and always have been able to fill your own tank. They look at Diesel different than regular gas. I typically fill my own if driving my truck.

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
rightlaneonly wrote:

back in the "day" you not only had someone pump the gas, they washed thee windows, checked the oil, tested the battery and aired the tires and gas was .29 cents a gallon! I miss the good ole days
Lee

Yes am I worked for $3.00 per day
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

pitch
Explorer
Explorer
rightlaneonly wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
New Jersey was the only place that I recall was backwards enough to not allow one to pump their own gasoline.
bumpy

back in the "day" you not only had someone pump the gas, they washed thee windows, checked the oil, tested the battery and aired the tires and gas was .29 cents a gallon! I miss the good ole days
Lee

Back in the day,is really back. I doubt that even 50% of the posters here remember "full service" stations.

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
Oregon Self-Service Rules
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

rightlaneonly
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
New Jersey was the only place that I recall was backwards enough to not allow one to pump their own gasoline.
bumpy

Lee
Lee & Jane
Ford died once to often.
Replaced with 2019 GMC Canyon
Aliner, soon to be gone.

Bumpyroad wrote:
bumpy

HA HA.. backwards is a good way to put it ! :B
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Bumpyroad wrote:
bumpy

we laughed at that every time we went to NJ to buy beer growing up.. NJ was 18, PA was 21.. we would go get beer and they would fill our tank !
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
What are the current rules in Oregon??? I have traveled extensively throughout the state and enjoyed their quick and friendly service in pumping my gas for me. It creates jobs especially for the young and in the rural areas I was allowed to pump my own gas if desired.

Some members on another smaller so called RV forum suffer from hyper high BP over this silly issue. Two in particular mjeltin and DanZ may have a HA over this. Cheers to the good guys

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1739912699644241&type=3

Thank you for your service.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
bumpy

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
The rules are still the same...Some rural stations are allowed to offer self serve.

The fire marshal allowed it statewide for a couple of days when we were hitting 115 degrees 9-10 days ago.