cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Years camping.

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
We usually winterize the trailer in late November and start camping in April, but this year we decided to go camping over the New years holiday.
We moved to Oregon 3 years ago and are going to take advantage of the mild winters.
We will be at a full hook up campground on the Oregon coast so we will have water and heat.
We are planning on a special grilled steak dinner on New Years eve.
Other than a late winter trip to Arizona years ago this will be our first winter trip.

jesseannie
10 REPLIES 10

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congratulations on your camping trip. Best I can hope for is to go out to my TT that is stored in a shed in my yard and sleep in it for the night. I do that sometimes and sort through the stuff in it.

dedmiston
ferndaleflyer wrote:
supposed to leave Monday after Christmas for West Palm Beach for New Years. I broke some ribs Dec 2 so still on the fence about 700 mi trip down.

Three weeks is that horrible sweet-spot where you're feeling good enough to forget sometimes, but then there's the excruciating gotcha feeling when you reach for something wrong or forget to hold in a sneeze.

It's always amazing to me how I can magically hold in my sneezes for 4-6 weeks when I've got broken ribs.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
supposed to leave Monday after Christmas for West Palm Beach for New Years. I broke some ribs Dec 2 so still on the fence about 700 mi trip down.

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
Getting back to "old" tradition as well as this d*** virus, we'll be heading for the Gulf Coast soon as we get the RV out of maintenance - hopefully tomorrow. Before the Gkids came we'd head for the coast the day after Christmas, stay thru the weekend after the 1st. Now that the Gkids are all in their teens they don't have much time for us old Gparents.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Never been in the 5er for New Years but years ago we would usually spend New Years on the water. Just like RVing, no worries about a DUI. All we had to do was to find our way back to the right boat & our own berth. Here is one such New Years bash.

Click For Full-Size Image.

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Your planned trip should be great!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

dedmiston
We're looking forward to heading out to camp too.

We already lined up a guy to deliver wood to our site. We sent him a pin and confirmed that he doesn't mind going off-road to get there. It's probably 15 minutes off the highway, so he'll need a good tip.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Awesome! Happy holidays!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Are you making us envious?

Oregon coast is way lovely. We were there early spring and thinking of Oregon and WA with mild winters instead of snow birding way down South. We will appreciate your stories, err, reviews (that's what they call it nowadays).

Enjoy and be safe.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
My best New Years trip was backpacking in Big Bend National Park. I went with some geologists so we never hiked on trails and just went from spring to spring. New Years Eve we played charades with shadows by lantern light reflected on a large rock outcrop.