cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

new camping world lot

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
well camping world bought out Russ dean rv sales and service in Tri cities Washington. they started advertising last week of the new store. a friend of mine worked at russ dean as a tech and quit and went else where. I was afraid they would get to this side of the state eventually with their high pressure salesman and poor service. guess I'm going to write off this rv lot.
9 REPLIES 9

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
Camping World is respectable enough to let you post your views for no charge. I feel they should be able to ban the ones that keep putting CW down from posting. Some cannot wait for a chance to blast them. :h

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Old Guy, tell your friend he definitely made the correct move!

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Walmart and CW are not the same model by my thinking.

Walmartโ€™s goal is to be the low price leader. The only upsell is extended warranties and itโ€™s not high pressure.

CW on the other hand; I took my RV to Camping World for a Sealtech leak test and I got a quote for cleaning mud daubers out of all my outside appliance vents, a quote for $1500 to reseal the roof and no pictures or videos of the leak.

I left and took it to Robbins RV (privately owned, in business for years) and they inspected the roof and repaired one small leak for $125.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
So long as us consumers choose convenience and price over quality and service, we can expect the Walmarts of every industry to dominate- and if they succeed enough like Amazon is trying, then they will monopolize. More power them, for giving what the consumers want.
I'm like many of you, and prefer to vote with my dollars elsewhere.
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
WTP-GC wrote:
Monopoly you say? CW is one of about 4 or 5 mega-RV dealerships across e country. But no matter where you choose to purchase, you'll be able to pick an RV manufactuered by one the 3 or 4 major RV companies, all of which sole-source their products from LCI and you'll more than likely be towing it home with one of the 3 major HD truck brands. So a monopoly, huh?

Yep. The closest Camping World to me has about 2 dozen RV dealers within a mile or so of CW's location. Probably over a dozen repairs centers not to mention the mobile RV mechanics. And, I know of at least 6 of those locations that sell RV equipment and supplies. Monopoly?, I think some are confusing it's meaning with "dominant".

CW will never be a monopoly and this "they are the Borg" thinking is rather funny. I know CW will never dominate our area simple because you are forced to shop elsewhere since their parking lot is not designed for RV's to park. If i can't even park at an RV store, I go elsewhere; lots of other stores down that stretch. So they can never monopolize the industry as they just can't fulfill everyone needs so competitors will always be around.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

GHop
Explorer
Explorer
Camping World advertises installation for members so I went in and inquired about having a MorRyde suspension system installed. Being that I did not buy it from them they refused to install the system. So I say, yes, this is bad if Camping World had a monopoly. This has forced me to install my own upgrades.
G.H.

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
jbbrick wrote:
They're obviously trying to dominate the whole industry (if they haven't already). Nobody likes a monopoly, that means less competition and higher prices. I make it a point to buy parts and supplies elsewhere and would never buy an rv from them.

Monopoly you say? CW is one of about 4 or 5 mega-RV dealerships across e country. But no matter where you choose to purchase, you'll be able to pick an RV manufactuered by one the 3 or 4 major RV companies, all of which sole-source their products from LCI and you'll more than likely be towing it home with one of the 3 major HD truck brands. So a monopoly, huh?
Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Well...General statements about our host here and...else...where...are impolite to our host and valueless. Donโ€™t be afraid.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

jbbrick
Explorer
Explorer
They're obviously trying to dominate the whole industry (if they haven't already). Nobody likes a monopoly, that means less competition and higher prices. I make it a point to buy parts and supplies elsewhere and would never buy an rv from them.
'06 Itasca Suncruiser 33'
2016 Ford Edge toad