Explorer
Explorer
Any ideas where?
Donna
7 REPLIES 7

Seon
Explorer
Explorer
I bought off craigslist a Juki industrial sewing machine a couple of years ago to make crab bait bags and a couple misc stuff for the boat.
Fast forward to a week ago when I made new cushions for my van's sofa bed. Bought 5" form cushions from Walmart of all places and the fabric at a local shop. I used the existing cushions as the patterns and watched youtube for pointers on sewing the corners. Turned out nice and all for less than $150.

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
If it's just the foam and the covers are good you can order foam from here. Good stuff.
Foam
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
As much as we pay for our RVs you'd think they would use much higher quality furnishings. Our dinette and theater seats lasted 4 years before the fabric started disintegrating.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

mr_andyj
Explorer
Explorer
so, for other readers...
the foam or the fabric or both?
Foam is at fabric stores or craft stores. be sure to get a more dense foam as the cheap soft foam is just too soft to sit on, but is fine for sleeping on.

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks I searched and found upholstery near me...who knew...would have bet nope. So I will have them do it...as opposed to hubby...doesn't need more to do. Thank you both.
Donna

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Auto or boat upholstery shop
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Most cities have shops that can either re-cover your existing cushions or craft new based on the old. Upholstery shops or re-upholstery shops.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times