cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Michelin Introduces New RV Tire Site

taken
Explorer
Explorer
This was just posted on another forum and I thought I'd pass it along...

Michelin RV Tires
Regards, Rodney
TV - 2017 F350 SRW CC SB 4X4 6.7
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP
12 REPLIES 12

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
HTElectrical wrote:
Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever had their XPS tires retreaded? If so, where and how much?
Nope. But it is nice to know that they are high enough quality to make it possible.

Anyone dare retread an ST tire?
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
When I ran my small hauling rigs I used some retreads. However having my tires carcass retreaded took to much down time. Much quicker to simply swap.

I doubt many RV folks retread their old 16" tires as most folks run them for many years which degenerates the tires carcass unlike a LTL trucker using the same size 16" tires can wear the tread out in 8-9 months.

Michelin sells retreads. I have no idea what sizes but check them out.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

HTElectrical
Explorer
Explorer
Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever had their XPS tires retreaded? If so, where and how much?
2007 Duramax, Cognito 7"-9" Lift,

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
I challenge you to find it listed on the page you posted. I use
XPS ribbed, but they don't list for TRAILER anywhere that I can find.

.....Michelin ran this add for many years;

Michelinยฎ XPS Ribยฎ tires are the best value per mile in the Michelin commercial tire lineup and an ideal choice for commercial trailers because of low rolling resistance (for better fuel economy), a long-wear tread design and retreadability. These tires also have the strength of a reinforced all-steel construction for lasting durability.
Responsive handling helps you negotiate through tough traffic
Greater durability and puncture
resistance from a third steel belt.
Easily retreadable all-steel casing
Lowest cost per mile in this category
Resists sidewall damage with the sculptured sidewall protector.
Sidewall: black serrated
outline lettering.
Load Range: E
Service Description: 120/116Q
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

HTElectrical
Explorer
Explorer
Here was there response:
Kevin Certified Michelin Product Expert wrote:
12/20/2014
Hello Nathan,
Thank you for your email. We welcome the opportunity to serve you.

In regards to the email you sent stating:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
There used to be documentation stating that the XPS Rib was approved for trailer use. I can not find any information stating that in the LT section or the RV section. Why not?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This tire is definitely approved for certain types of motorhomes and trailers. That tire is listed on our RV website here: http://www.michelinrvtires.com/tires/selector/#!/info/XPS-rib

As long as the specifications described there meet or exceed the requirements of your vehicle's manufacturer it will be safe to use. There are however some trailers that recommend ST tires and you would need to be careful as Michelin does not make ST tires and we do not recommend substituting one type for the other.

We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Michelin.

It is our goal to ensure that your issue has been resolved or your question answered to your satisfaction. If we can assist you further, please respond to this email or call us at 1-866-866-6605 (toll free) between 8:00AM and 8:00PM Eastern Time Monday through Friday or between 8:30AM and 4:30PM Eastern Time on Saturday.

Sincerely,

Kevin
Consumer Care Department
Certified Michelin Product Expert

HTElectrical
Explorer
Explorer
No problem. I am a true believer in the XPS tire, After my China Bomb experience, I bought 4 Ribs and have never looked back!!!! I just don't know why they do not advertise them as a Trailer Tire anymore. I have sent a email to Mich. to get there response.

taken
Explorer
Explorer
No, you're right there. There aren't specifically listed on the new site with the word trailer next to them. 17.5" tires are listed in that department. I just mentioned them because I know Michelin says they are a go for trailer use and they are listed on an RV tire website. They are rated too lightly for a motorhome so I'm not sure why else they're listed there but I guess a case could be made for tow vehicles? Anyways, not trying to start any tire arguments, just thought it was a good site. If there was a tire specific forum here I would have posted it there. If it doesn't interest anyone, please feel free to not visit it. In the off season I'm just looking to read anything RV related....
Regards, Rodney
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

HTElectrical
Explorer
Explorer
taken wrote:
Miles Away wrote:
What I find humorous is that this is posted in the "Towing" forum and Michelin still only makes motor home and truck tires. You may joke about their not making ST tires, but for many of us who still believe in trailer tires, it would be nice if another quality tire manufacture started producing them.

They do. It's called the XPS RIB. Listed on the very page I posted. Approved by Michelin for trailer use as shown by countless written and answered emails to their customer service address and now shown on their RV website.

I challenge you to find it listed on the page you posted. I use
XPS ribbed, but they don't list for TRAILER anywhere that I can find.

taken
Explorer
Explorer
Miles Away wrote:
What I find humorous is that this is posted in the "Towing" forum and Michelin still only makes motor home and truck tires. You may joke about their not making ST tires, but for many of us who still believe in trailer tires, it would be nice if another quality tire manufacture started producing them.

They do. It's called the XPS RIB. Listed on the very page I posted. Approved by Michelin for trailer use as shown by countless written and answered emails to their customer service address and now shown on their RV website.
Regards, Rodney
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

Miles_Away
Explorer
Explorer
M & M :C On the road again!
2007 GMC 3500-SRW-Duramax-longbed-4X4
2008 Keystone EVEREST 348R 5th wheel
2002 SUNDOWNER gooseneck horse trailer

taken
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
Rats, no ST tires.

LOL, that's funny right there! :B They don't make lesser quality products...
Regards, Rodney
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Rats, no ST tires.