cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Maxxis 205/75R15 C M8008 ST RADIAL

jody_h
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone used theses tires? Had a blow out today and have another tire ready to go. So its time for new tires.

http://www.realdealtires.com/tires/view/85851
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Megacab
2004 Flagstaff 8524RK
14 REPLIES 14

jody_h
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks john i did up the tires to load d range. It wasn't that much more. Had them put on today.
http://www.realdealtires.com/tires/view/125939/maxxis-m8008-st-radial-trailer-st205-75r15/
2004 Flagstaff 8524RK

JBarca
Nomad II
Nomad II
jody h wrote:
Has anyone used theses tires? Had a blow out today and have another tire ready to go. So its time for new tires.

http://www.realdealtires.com/tires/view/85851

Hi Jody,

As far as the brand Maxxis and the M8008, they are a good tire however the 2 sets I had did develop cracks in the tread area at 5 years. I did not have a failure though. 5 years is about it for most any ST trailer tire anyways.

That said, I see the size you are listing and then I saw you have a 5th wheel. My 205/75/R15 C's where on my older TT camper and a lot smaller camper then yours.

I tried to find out some about your camper and I found a for sale on on the web with a weight sticker.

See here http://www.berrylandcampers.com/5th-wheels/flagstaff/flagstaff-8524rk-5th-wheel-c801084.html

That shows a 8,470 GVWR. If your camper has the same GVWR, hear is a heads up.

You may be into a tire loading issue. The 205/75R15 C load range will not hold the entire GVWR of your camper. The mfg gave you tires (axles and springs too) that count on truck holding for close to 1,500# of the camper weight and that is with 0 reserve capacity on the tires if you load the camper to full GVWR.

If you have not been to a truck scale, I recommend you get individual wheel weights fully loaded ready to go camping. You may find you have 1 or more tires over the rated tire loads. It is now becoming more common to recommend for tandem axle trailers to need 20% reserve capacity in the tires above the heaviest loaded wheel.

It would be best to weigh your rig and know your weights before buying new tires. If you find you are overloading 1 or more wheels or you do not have very much at all reserve capacity, you now know about it. Then you have to figure out, do I upgrade the load range and possibly the wheel as well or do I start removing a bunch of stuff to allow the stock size to work? If you have a loading problem, the Maxxis while good, will not fix that.

Hope this helps and good luck

John
2005 Ford F350 Super Duty, 4x4; 6.8L V10 with 4.10 RA, 21,000 GCWR, 11,000 GVWR, upgraded 2 1/2" Towbeast Receiver. Hitched with a 1,700# Reese HP WD, HP Dual Cam to a 2004 Sunline Solaris T310R travel trailer.

flat_twin
Explorer
Explorer
I'm on my third year with Maxxis 8008 205's on a 7x16 Haulmark trailer and I just bought a set of 225 E rated 8008's for our new to us toy hauler. No problems.

Tachdriver
Explorer
Explorer
Those previous pictures are pretty obvious, I just need to make sure my pre-trip inspection is throughly done.

mosseater
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have too many miles on mine so far, but am completely satisfied so far. Mine are the same size in D and I run them at 65 psi.
"It`s not important that you know all the answers, it`s only important to know where to get all the answers" Arone Kleamyck
"...An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col. Jeff Cooper
Sunset Creek 298 BH

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Denman was made in MX. Belt separation on at least two. One of which threw the tread off. Still held air. Put on the spare and rolled home.

Tread was flat across when new. This condition can be hard to see unless the tire is removed for inspection. Any uneven wear should be suspect for additional inspection.

Tachdriver
Explorer
Explorer
smkettner wrote:
I put Ds on mine and run at 60/65 psi. Denman's lasted three years and I hope to get five+ out of the MAXXIS.

If you really want a tough tire get an LT215/75R15 such as GY Wrangler Silent Armor.

http://www.goodyearrvtires.com/tire-selector.aspx#dialog

What happened to them after three years? Curious as I am running chinese tires and am there in age as well....

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
I put Ds on mine and run at 60/65 psi. Denman's lasted three years and I hope to get five+ out of the MAXXIS.

If you really want a tough tire get an LT215/75R15 such as GY Wrangler Silent Armor.

http://www.goodyearrvtires.com/tire-selector.aspx#dialog

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
The Maxxis are well worth the small difference in price and it's the only 15" ST tire that many of us will even use.

That would include me
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
The Maxxis are well worth the small difference in price and it's the only 15" ST tire that many of us will even use.

jody_h
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Barney i didn't get anything when i tried the search guess i should have just put Maxxis tires instead of Maxxis 205/75R15 C M8008 ST RADIAL.
2004 Flagstaff 8524RK

jody_h
Explorer
Explorer
mrekim wrote:
You're probably going to get opinions all over the map.....

I have the 16" version on a utility trailer used to haul a car. They've worked well for me and seem much better than the tires the trailer came with (3 out of 5 tires failed within a year). The Maxxis have been working for about 3 years now.

There's a heavier duty version in the same size too. I would suggest the heaviest weight rating you can afford and that your rims will take (max PSI rating on the rims). I would even consider getting the tires with the higher ply rating and running them at a lower PSI if my rims didn't support the higher air pressure.

Thanks i seen those they are only about $10.00 more per tire and are 8 ply. Will have to see if the rim are rated for 65psi.
2004 Flagstaff 8524RK

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have been using Maxxis tires for the past 25,000 miles or so without problems. Mine are the 225 variety and not the 205 though. There are many discussions on these forums about the Maxxis tires with almost all of them favorable, with a few detractors.

Previous to the Maxxis, I had Goodyear Marathons for about 15 years (3 sets) also without problems. Here are search results on Maxxis tires over the past 12 months. Hopefully you will find some useful information there. ๐Ÿ™‚
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

mrekim
Explorer
Explorer
You're probably going to get opinions all over the map.....

I have the 16" version on a utility trailer used to haul a car. They've worked well for me and seem much better than the tires the trailer came with (3 out of 5 tires failed within a year). The Maxxis have been working for about 3 years now.

There's a heavier duty version in the same size too. I would suggest the heaviest weight rating you can afford and that your rims will take (max PSI rating on the rims). I would even consider getting the tires with the higher ply rating and running them at a lower PSI if my rims didn't support the higher air pressure.