Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Material for towing a Wrangler with an A Class

schubi
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,

we, Stefan an d Anja from Germany (sorry for my bad english) want to do full time Rv from May.
Our Team will be an A Class Gas and a Jeep Wrangler from 2012-2016.
So i need Equipment for towing. Here my list:

Blue OX BX 1126 Base Plate 420 $
NSA RV Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar ( RB 9050) 1100$
Cool tech JK Tow Harness Deluxe Kit 150$

We decided to purchase the ReadyBrute Elite because i hope it is the simplest solution.(?) This mechanical action doesnโ€™t require any additional electronics

Do you have any other ideas ?

Thanks

Stefan
7 REPLIES 7

schubi
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,

thanks for the answers. So i can save Money for the tow harness. If anyboby ideas so save more, i will be Lucky
Stefan

Isaac-1
Explorer
Explorer
If you will be purchasing a jeep be aware that many people equip them with aftermarket front bumpers that have built in tow points, winch mounts, etc. so the baseplate may not be needed. I too have been shopping for a similar jeep to tow behind my motorhome, and out of the ones I have seen for sale locally so far about 30% are already at equipped with an aftermarket front bumper with tow points. This does not seem to significantly effect the price.

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
schubi wrote:
Hi,

we, Stefan an d Anja from Germany (sorry for my bad english) want to do full time Rv from May.
Our Team will be an A Class Gas and a Jeep Wrangler from 2012-2016.
So i need Equipment for towing. Here my list:

Blue OX BX 1126 Base Plate 420 $
NSA RV Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar ( RB 9050) 1100$
Cool tech JK Tow Harness Deluxe Kit 150$

We decided to purchase the ReadyBrute Elite because i hope it is the simplest solution.(?) This mechanical action doesnโ€™t require any additional electronics

Do you have any other ideas ?

Thanks

Stefan

Stefan,
Well, your towing equipment is pretty much complete but, just for your information, I'm adding a link to the Hopkins tow harness for your intended Jeep. It's only ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS CHEAPER and, it works flawless. I and many, many others on here and other RV forums have been using it for quite some time with ZERO problems. Just something for you to think about.
Scott

Hopkins Jeep Tow harness
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Yes the Elite includes braking. I used their not-braked one for many miles and would get another. Add a hitch pin (or lock since your tow bar is not cheap!) and you should be all set.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
I think that tow bar has a Ready Brake mechanical cable actuated braking system included with it. I believe you are correct.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

schubi
Explorer
Explorer
who I understood correctly, there ist a mechanical breaking System at the Ready Brute Tow bar.

talotto
Explorer
Explorer
In some states you'll also need a braking system. There are many on the market. I have the Blue Ox Patriot Brake and like it, but there are others on the market that I'm sure are just as good.
KG5PDS
2004 Itasca Meridian 36G
2004 HD Heritage Softail
2016 Jeep Wrangler
College Station, TX