cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lynx Levelers -- 10-year warranty ?????

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
I know I will be opening a "can of worms" but here goes anyway. I need to replace my system of leveling blocks. I have used wood and the yellow plastic blocks. In all cases Iโ€™ve had problems with cracking. I am thinking about Lynx Levelers and depend on their 10-year warranty to replace any broken blocks. I am concerned if I have to pay for shipping that the warranty may not be worth the trouble and aggravation.

Has anyone had experience with filing a warranty claim after the first year?
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
12 REPLIES 12

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
My Lynx Levelers are about 15 years old and no problems after heavy use. A buddy bought the Camco knockoff levelers and they're junk IMO.

I bought mine at Walmart years ago and went back and bought a second set.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
RCMAN46 wrote:
delwhjr wrote:
I had one break. Contacted the company and all they requested was a picture of the block. New one sent no charge within days.

Did they require proof of purchase and purchase date?

I provided that on the first contact before they responded. I only told them the date and where. They did not ask to see receipt. I learned long ago to keep receipts for anything with a warranty no matter how inexpensive.
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have lynx levelers. $30 for a set of 10, Im not thinking about a warranty or not.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
delwhjr wrote:
I had one break. Contacted the company and all they requested was a picture of the block. New one sent no charge within days.

Did they require proof of purchase and purchase date?

Mickeyfan0805
Explorer
Explorer
My Lynx sets are 10 years old. Those that ride in the rig and come out while camping still look practically new. The set that sits under the tongue jack (and thus out year round in the sun) are heavily bleached but show no sign of cracking. I will be replacing that set this winter just to be safer than sorry, but I will order another set of Lynx to do so.

I can't speak to the warranty question, but I've been very happy with mine.

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
lampooner wrote:

1" inch thick steel plates

TOO heavy, Tractor Supply has a 1" thick horse stall rubber mat (that I could cut to size) but again very heavy.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

lampooner
Explorer
Explorer
Based on what you say, this maybe the only option that will work for you.

1" inch thick steel plates
Might be a little costly at first
but will last longer than RV or you
more increments in height adjustments

My 2 cents worth
Lampooner

Remember you are only young once,
but you can be immature forever!

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have two sets, several of them have large chips broken out, but they are still usable, and to be perfectly honest, I didn't even know about a warranty, and as said, they're relatively cheap so I won't worry about a warranty.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
It was 3 yrs old
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
delwhjr wrote:

More than a year old??????

Travel Photos

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like you answered your own question.

I've had several blocks in my lynx kits "fail" but haven't bothered with the warranty. After all, they're cheap and plastic, it's no surprise they'll eventually break.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed