cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with being removed from a certain Camping retailer...

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Ya know, most online shopping, you can unsubscribe from the barrage of email distributions and “deals.”
I ended up ordering some parts online for pickup (because they weren’t available “in store” supposedly even though they were on the shelf when I went there ...
Anyway the emails started flying in. Been about a month and I’ve unsubscribed a half dozen times to no avail. Thanks Camping _____! Lol
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold
9 REPLIES 9

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
^ Thx for the link dedmiston!

dedmiston
Grit dog wrote:
aftermath wrote:
Gritdog, what? You don't want to pay money upfront to join a club that will give you 10% off of their merchandise that they mark up 15%?

Lol....NO, haha.
Found out the online prices weren't really the prices when I looked at the receipt for my online CW order. Seems they were advertised with the GS discount.
In the store, went to buy a new griddle when I was at the store, seemed like a good price until it was 50%, not 10% more.
Who even subscribes to their c rap anyways? Got out to the truck and bought it for the same price as the "on sale, GS price" in about 45seconds on Amazon.
Gotta hand it to them though, good marketing to apparently enough people to make a buck at it!

Kind of like Best Buy: They're one of Amazon's many retail showrooms.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

dedmiston
Grit dog wrote:
MitchF150 wrote:
I've found that all hitting the "unsubscribe" does is get you more spam... It just tells them it's an active email address.

You can block any incoming email address, so that's what I do.

Good luck! Mitch

Can't recall experiencing that recently except with CW. Just a month or so ago, I went and unsubscribed to all the promo emails from places I've ordered stuff from. They all went away. CW emails are like herpes. They don't just go away.

Share your thoughts (minus the herpes reference) here with the Good Sam team.

Maybe include a link to the CAN-SPAM Act Compliance Guidelines for reference.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
MitchF150 wrote:
I've found that all hitting the "unsubscribe" does is get you more spam... It just tells them it's an active email address.

Good luck! Mitch

Can't recall experiencing that recently except with CW. Just a month or so ago, I went and unsubscribed to all the promo emails from places I've ordered stuff from. They all went away. CW emails are like herpes. They don't just go away.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
aftermath wrote:
Gritdog, what? You don't want to pay money upfront to join a club that will give you 10% off of their merchandise that they mark up 15%?

Lol....NO, haha.
Found out the online prices weren't really the prices when I looked at the receipt for my online CW order. Seems they were advertised with the GS discount.
In the store, went to buy a new griddle when I was at the store, seemed like a good price until it was 50%, not 10% more.
Who even subscribes to their c rap anyways? Got out to the truck and bought it for the same price as the "on sale, GS price" in about 45seconds on Amazon.
Gotta hand it to them though, good marketing to apparently enough people to make a buck at it!

aftermath
Explorer II
Explorer II
2017 Toyota Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7L V8
2006 Airstream 25 FB SE
Equalizer Hitch

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III

Good luck! Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take control. Add them to your spam blocker after 30 days.

dedmiston
You can say "Camping World" here. Even though they own the site, honest critique is still fair and allowed.

Do you use Gmail? Can you click "Report Spam"? Google is pretty good about that (not that I love Google).

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230