cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is it hot enough for you??

mowingman
Explorer
Explorer
We are in north central Texas and it is HOT. Been around 110 here for the last several days.
Anyone camping around here in this heat? We are not, thank goodness. Even with 2 A/C units, I don't think our 5er would stay cool.
If I did not have to work right now, we would be somewhere in the mountains. Of course, I am not sure how far we would have to go to find a cool spot. If you are camping in this heat, be extra careful.
Jeff
39 REPLIES 39

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer

Summer in Florida!

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Holy frick it's been hot lately. We were in Bend OR and thought that was HOT. But then we stayed two nights in Quincy WA (just east of the Cascade mountains) in a CG with no shade and found a new definition of HOT. Couldn't get the inside much below 85F at best during the day and had to run the AC all night for the first time ever.

The frickin' heat sucks the energy right out of a person. Takes your appetite away and have to make sure to keep drinking fluids. I can see how heat can kill some people. Really tough on our dog too. Pretty tough on us northerner folks... ๐Ÿ˜ž

There's been many new record high temps around the world. Scandinavia has been seeing record heat and Finland has a historic wildfire outbreak.

If high temps is going to be more the norm in the future due to climate change, I think we'll stick to the west coast where it's cooler and there's a nice ocean breeze.

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
JAXFL wrote:
Wait until August... That's we
When it gets hot.

We will be arriving August 6th to Daytona then over to Venice
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

JAXFL
Explorer
Explorer
Wait until August... That's we
When it gets hot.
Happy Trails
JAXFL
2008 3100LTD Sun Seeker
2008 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4 Auto Toad

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
Thatโ€™s when good insulation and dual pane windows come into play. 3 years ago my home AC failed and it took a week to get it replaced. It was 116 degrees that week. Trailer parked in the driveway (27 ft with 13.5k) and it was 68-70 inside sitting in the AZ sun. Should be 116 tomorrow.

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
We have been blessed. Some very strong winds and heavy downpours but...
Avg daytime temp is probably 85.Sitting on the porch, small storms blow by and cool down flows of air are actually kinda chilly. After they pass air is light,humidity down and the cooling breeze really feels great. Can smell the honeysuckles from some distance.About the same as I remember summer days on the mountain. The air and summer storms are coming from the north to northwest.
We hope to be on a trip by late August. Hope the weather is great to the est like this..except for mowing every time we turn around.
I think we will have colder winter and quite a bit of snow, in this part of Tn.

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
I'm a 1000 miles north of most of you and we had temps of 100F+ with heavy humidity and no A/C. We're on a lake and water temp reached 83F, not refreshing at all.
We haven't had rain in weeks, grass is brown, crops are dead and now it's coming down in buckets.

joshuajim
Explorer
Explorer
Ah you guys are a bunch of wimps. If you want hot, come out to the Mojave.

RVing since 1995.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
JIMNLIN wrote:
Heat index has been awful this year with up to 120 in some parts of the state. \

Yeah, tell me when the real temps get to 120. I help out occasionally with one of our middle east offices. Heading over this weekend...actual highs are running 118-122 based on the forecast.

Couple years back, I saw 129.3F. They were warning people not to park on asphalt or your tires would melt into the pavement. People were driving with oven mitts on or you would get burns on your hands.

PS: The locals import campers and love to go out boon docking in the desert...but only in the winter when it's low 80's.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Trekkar
Explorer
Explorer
High for the week here should be about 84 degrees.
It rained, so I'll have to cut the grass soon.
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
2021 Salem SFX 167RBK

HadEnough
Explorer
Explorer
This is exactly why we didn't do the southern cross country route my girlfriend wanted to do. Went way north instead. Left that Florida rainy season behind.

lap527
Explorer
Explorer
GordonThree wrote:
Why do folks enjoy camping in the deep south in the summer?

Nope, not these folks, too hot to camp in Fl. It has been miserable hot and the rainy season is here. We are about sick of the rain too. Our camper will stay in the shed for another couple of months.
2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
hot as heck here too, and the heat index of 110-115 deg. I have an AC and I am going Tuesday for a few days, I cannot stand it but so long before the time to go camping kicks in.
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
Currently in Mesa AZ, at 4 this afternoon it was 114 in the shade. Calling for 115 - 117 tomorrow... but it is a dry heat (just like a pizza oven).

:S

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
GordonThree wrote:
Why do folks enjoy camping in the deep south in the summer? It's 72 degrees here in lovely Northern Michigan. Low of 57 for tonight, high of 75 for tomorrow.

Summer is pretty much done here, we had a little more than a month this year of "hot" weather. Sure there are a few more days in the 80s coming, but the transition to fall weather is already happening.

Exactly. Heck, I don't even have AC on my unit. Never needed it. I'll be in Maine is September. No ac needed there either. Me, I like open windows and fresh air.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB