cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Interesting Opportunity - Southern Cross

texasclarks
Explorer
Explorer
I was just doing some internet surfing and found references to Southern Cross and their "Road Warriors".

I found THIS and just thought I would share.

I have no affiliation, but thought someone on here looking for employment might find it interesting.
Posts are for entertainment purposes only and should not be construed as endorsement or recommendations. YMMV!

Steven & Stacie, plus 2 ('02 & '07)
'04 Suburban 2500, Quad Seats, 8.1L, 3.73
'09 Rockwood 8313SS

Texas not just a State, but a State of mind!
11 REPLIES 11

Fulltimer50
Explorer
Explorer
Also check out Heath Consultants. Heathus.com
George

2011 F350 PSD CC LB 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41RSSB4 5th Wheel

texasclarks
Explorer
Explorer
Debw241 - the hyperlink (word "THIS") was

https://southerncrossjobs.clickandhire.net/index.cfm?action=hourly.descriptions&jobNo=172

When kids are out of the house we do plan on work-camping while full-timing for a while.
Posts are for entertainment purposes only and should not be construed as endorsement or recommendations. YMMV!

'09 Rockwood 8313SS

debw241
Explorer
Explorer
Just a couple notes --

I could not open link to find out about the job... no big deal for me but may be good to post info for others.

We are retired full-timers. We have been working almost continually as workcampers for the past year and a half -- encourage anyone who thinks they would love to do this to step out and make it happen. You can find something that suits seasons you want to work / hours / amount and kind of work etc.

I must say each time we went to an assignment / job it was QUICK... and yes they have option to let you go just as quickly. I am finding that in the regular workforce as well and you may not be doing something you love.

carl2591
Explorer III
Explorer III
texasclarks wrote:
carl2591 wrote:
looks like fun. I think this would be a neat way to make money, be outside, looks like some walking is warrantied and be able to move about the county in your RV.

man i hate it going to be a couple 5 yrs before we can go fulltime.

I feel the same way... But I have 10+ years dice youngest is in elementary school!

bummer dude.. been there done that, got the t-shirt,, hahaha...

if you only have one kid there is home or RV school route if that works. mine are to far along.. one is JR at NCSU and other is JR at Local HS.house is paid off in 6 yrs so ๐Ÿ™‚
Carl2591, Raleigh NC
2005 Airstream Classic 31D
2003 Ford F-250 SD, CC, 7.3L modded diesel machine
Every day is a new day with potential to be life changing.

texasclarks
Explorer
Explorer
carl2591 wrote:
looks like fun. I think this would be a neat way to make money, be outside, looks like some walking is warrantied and be able to move about the county in your RV.

I feel the same way... But I have 10+ years dice youngest is in elementary school!

'09 Rockwood 8313SS

mikeleblanc413
Explorer
Explorer
I applied several years ago and never heard anything! Then one day I get a call. They wanted me to go to work the next day. I asked about the interview and the gentleman said I'd just had it. HUH? I figured if they could hire me that quick, they could also fire me equally quick. I didn't take the position, never will. Showing me respect will get you a long way down the road with me. Southern Cross showed no respect!
Mike LeBlanc
The Piney Woods Of East Texas
Lufkin, Texas

carl2591
Explorer III
Explorer III

Carl2591, Raleigh NC
2005 Airstream Classic 31D
2003 Ford F-250 SD, CC, 7.3L modded diesel machine
Every day is a new day with potential to be life changing.

MTPockets1
Explorer
Explorer
lostdog wrote:
OK...so what's the job????
click in original post and you'll see the details.
2012 3055RL Big Horn - Dexter upgraded axles - G rated LT Tires
MorRyde, Genset, Dual Panes, 2 A/C, Yeti Package
2013 F350 DRW 4x4 Crew King Ranch

lostdog
Explorer
Explorer
OK...so what's the job????
Chuck n Terri
2017 Heartland 3875FB
2016 Chevy 3500 Duramax
Rica, the old cat
Max E. Dog, the puppy dog
Kirby, the old dog, passed but not forgotten

KA4EBU
Explorer
Explorer
I have ran in to 2 or 3 of these employees over the years and they all thought it was a great job and absolutely liked it. They all were late 20's to late 30's with young wives and kids.
Don and Pauletta
2003 Phaeton 40RH
2008 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4
Misty - Enjoying on the Rainbow Bridge
Sophie - Maltese

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of posts on this opportunity two or three years ago. Dont remember seeing anything positive or negative about them