cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hurricane Michael Florida Coast RV'ers

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
I sure hope most of the snowbirds and full timers have not left early for Florida.

Michael is due to hit the panhandle dead on as a Cat 3.

Rock Crusher, Crystal River, Cedar Key are all VERY popular coastal places for RV camping and destination for snowbirds.

These popular CG's are right in the line of site for a 12 foot surge of historical magnitude. Evacuations have been ordered for the coast line in these areas AND inland.

Cedar Key is under actual hurricane warning.

All towns inland will be affected also because they are on the backside dirty side of the hurricane as it passes the entire west coast of Florida. High winds and rain.

Take heed anyone with RV's in this area. Stay safe and if they issue an evacuation order please for your safety leave. Stay safe my fellow RV'ers!

Well here i go once again with hurricane number 3 for me and my winter house since I bought it. I keep telling myself its better than shoveling snow, its better than shoveling snow!

First hurricane took my roof clean off. New roof is on, and thankfully has stayed on thru the last 2 hurricanes. Wish me luck on this one! :B

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

41 REPLIES 41

Xflyhighx
Explorer
Explorer
We left in our RV. We are up in NC where my boy lives. Soon as the roads are ok, we will bring the RV home and start rebuilding. We are safe and thatโ€™s the main thing. Thanks for the prayers.
2019 Cedar Creek Champagne 38EL
TrailAir Pin Box
Hensley TS3 trailer saver
2017 Laramie Longhorn 4x4 dually
14' Porta-bote
Honda 3000is or 2 Honda 2000โ€™s
Life is good in the good old USA

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Xflyhighx wrote:
Lost house, all that is left is the memories. We were 13 miles outside
Of Hosford. The idiot that thinks it is a hoax needs to have his head examined.
I hope everyone else is safe and we will start getting ready to start rebuilding. I guess I should
Not call anyone a idiot, but I wish I could fix stupid. Good night all and Please Be safe.

How horrible that must be for you and your family. ๐Ÿ˜ž Sorry that had to happen to you. Prayers that you and your family were safe.

Did you evacuate in your RV? Or did you loose all that too?

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

01tundra
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah.......I donโ€™t see us being able to camp at St. Joseph Peninsula next May.....

2020 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
2017 GMC 2500HD Denali Duramax

Xflyhighx
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to everyone for there thoughts. We will rebuild and canโ€™t let Michael get the better part of the US. Michael can kiss my grits.
TrailAir Pin Box
14' Porta-bote

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Xflyhighx wrote:
I hope everyone else is safe and we will start getting ready to start rebuilding. I guess I should
Not call anyone a idiot, but I wish I could fix stupid. Good night all and
Please Be safe.
Sorry to hear about your house. Take the opportunity to build it back to even better, hopefully.

If I was in a hurricane area and the wind hit like Mexico Beach, there wouldn't be a window or door within miles, I have that much junk in exterior storage sheds.:o
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Xflyhighx wrote:
Please Be safe.

Sorry for your loss. Glad you got out and that you are safe.

01tundra
Explorer
Explorer
rjsurfer wrote:
St Joseph campground in two months???

I'm thinking to look for new reservations somewhere else?

Ron W.

We have reservations there for the first week of next May and I'm wondering if it will even be open by then......not sure what the extent of the damage is but I imagine it is extensive.

*Edit - Sorry to hear about your loss Xflyhighx, glad you're not one of the people who decided to "ride it out".
2020 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
2017 GMC 2500HD Denali Duramax

rjsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
St Joseph campground in two months???

I'm thinking to look for new reservations somewhere else?

Ron W.
03 Dodge 2500 SRW,SB,EC
2018 Keystone 25RES
DRZ-400SM
DL-650

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Xflyhighx wrote:
Please Be safe.
Sorry about your home, glad you are safe, you can't fix stupid.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good news is that as of 2100Z the diameter of hurricane force winds is down to 60 miles. By morning it will be a tropical storm with a diameter of 60 miles & moving very quickly. A good thing. Lots of rain still to come down over a wide area before the center of the remnants get over water again & maybe do some regeneration.

The damage is quite something to see. Wood frame buildings do not stand up to high winds very well. Tough to beat a stone house. The big bad hurricane can huff & puff but the house will stand. Problem is, a stone or concrete block house costs much more to build. Mine is a 12" thick stone block house. In 2003 we had a slow moving cat 3 gust 4 storm ontop of us for 24 hours of hurricane force winds. 6 weeks no power.

Zero dollars damage done to the house. Yard trashed good & proper though.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Xflyhighx
Explorer
Explorer
Please Be safe.
TrailAir Pin Box
14' Porta-bote

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
wanderingbob wrote:
Albany or should I say Albenny...

Had a debate about that recently with someone who believes they say it like they do in NY. It's also pronounced "al-banny"
Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
wanderingbob wrote:
Transformer and pole in front yard on the ground ! Strong gusts !
Albany or should I say Albenny , its on the way !

They still put the transformers on the pole ? Ours were all put on the ground in boxes years ago. Avoid that transformer it might still have a heck of a jolt in it. And, if it is they very, very, old round style then it is filled with oil that is toxic.

I am watching this stuff on the news now. I'm sorry for everyone that lives in the path of this thing. I think I will stay in MN.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I do understand why houses in FL do not have basements.. But the "Tornados" (the smallest tornado is roughly a Cat 3 Hurricane as I recall wind speed wise) are no big deal... I won't make further comment on.

But I will say at 155MPH Michael is not cat 1,2,3 but FOUR and pushing 5. which means if you are still there.. Goodby.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times