cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honda EU220i Generator Availability

Retdep
Explorer
Explorer
I've checked locally with 4 dealers who all tell me that this model is subject to a national recall from Honda due to a gas leak problem. They all say that they are awaiting word from Honda as to what to do with the units they have on hand and consequently cannot sell them.

A couple of online retailers say possible availability in May.

Does anyone know where I can find one to buy (and not spend an arm and a leg)? I really do want a Honda and not any other brand.

Cannot find any used for sale locally, either.
2019 Winnebago View
2016 Ford Focus Toad
19 REPLIES 19

3_dog_nights
Explorer
Explorer
I have two, low hours over 5 years old. Selling my RV. If it goes, they will be next. Will keep you posted.
Bob & Lynn
2 Chihuahua's, Ella, Gracie

was-2013 Open Range 424RLS,06' Chevy 3500, dually, Duramax/Allison

also was - 2015 Winnebago Adventurer 37F, towing 2003 Jeep Wrangler

now - 2021 NoBo 19.5, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL (Talk about downsizing!)

Slownsy
Explorer
Explorer
Not everyone shops at the $ store some like quality and back up
Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Range Maggot Bob wrote:
Lwiddis wrote:
And on the unit you buy, has the gasoline issue been fixed?
Before the gasoline issue, you could buy two equivalent generators for one Honda. How much of a premium are you willing to pay? Three times?

He wants a Honda. And you are wrong. You can't buy two "equivalent" for the price of a Honda. You can buy two for the price, but they are not "equivalent".

You can buy 3 for one Honda with 6 times the output.

Range_Maggot_Bo
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
And on the unit you buy, has the gasoline issue been fixed?
Before the gasoline issue, you could buy two equivalent generators for one Honda. How much of a premium are you willing to pay? Three times?

He wants a Honda. And you are wrong. You can't buy two "equivalent" for the price of a Honda. You can buy two for the price, but they are not "equivalent".

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:
This would make the second recall on them within the last year or so.

Retdep wrote:
I've checked locally with 4 dealers who all tell me that this model is subject to a national recall from Honda due to a gas leak problem.

I did some searching and Can only find the recall from last year... There doesn't appear to be a NEW recall on a leaking fuel issue.

https://powerequipment.honda.com/support/recalls-and-updates
Bob

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Idk, just looked online and seen a dozen adds for them for sale $950-$1050. Are you implying that non of these are actually for sale?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
And we're off...
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
Honda, Yamaha and Champion are all good generators. Kinda like ice cream.... take your pick.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gulfcoast wrote:
Get a Champion inverter and you won't have to deal with all that recall junk on some brands.

The Champion gasoline/propane version is just as quiet as a Honda....and it runs a 13.5 AC. I have a Honda 2000I I use when I don't need AC. The Champion is so much more easier to start. Push the button. And, when using propane, there is no need to carry gasoline or remove the gas when stored (gummed up carb).

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
Get a Champion inverter and you won't have to deal with all that recall junk on some brands.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Given the chance to do it again, I would skip my Honda and go for one of the Champion Inverter 3100~3400 watt generators - with electric start!
If we have some kind of situation around here where everyone wants a gen, I'm going to unload my Honda and do just that.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
trail-explorer wrote:
This would make the second recall on them within the last year or so.

Annual recall? I bought the Westinghouse 2500 about this time last year, because I couldn't get the Honda, and it was a lot less expensive anyway.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Get a lot cheaper but higher rated generator from Costco or Cabela's.

It's already carb compliant. But yeah, made in China, but it's so cheap it can be disposable.

Well, if you have money to burn...go with the Honda.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Gee, Bob, sounds like the generator I want...for $1899...used.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad