cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help! Mosquitos ransacking my camper

Damdifino
Explorer
Explorer
The camper is parked beside my house on acreage. There aren't any mosquitos outdoors or in the house, but there are clouds of them in the camper. I slapped and smashed them all one time, but now a few days later they're back. I've plugged all the drains and heater vents; the A/C is on all the time; there's no standing water nearby. Where could they be coming from, and why would they meet up in my camper?
2014 Arctic Fox 22H.
2009 Toyota Land Cruiser URJ200 Series
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
13 REPLIES 13

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
We are having a mosquito epidemic. I think they get in through the door on people and dogs. After our last trip I used a vacuum cleaner to suck up the many live mosquitos in our MH. It beats cleaning up squashed ones.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

Damdifino
Explorer
Explorer
OP here: Thanks for all the suggestions. I poured bleach in all my drains and the commode, then set off a Hot Shot fogger overnight. Skeeters are gone!
2014 Arctic Fox 22H.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

S_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
One other place that comes to mind is the A/C drain pan, might be too cold for them but worth checking.

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
We have a bug zapper from Amazon. Works great.

cyntdon2010
Explorer
Explorer
1995brave wrote:
Bug bomb time. In the evening(sundown or later) open all cabinet doors, turn off A/C, and turn on one or two overhead lights (to attract the mosquitos), set off a bug bomb or two and leave for several hours. Come back, throw the bug bomb cans in the recycle bin and clean up the dead mosquitos.

X2 Bomb the Blood suckers
2010 lacrosse T.T 318 bhs 34 ft,blue ox-tow bar,2005 FORD F-150 larait super crew,Firestone ready rite-air bags lift kit

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
Bug bomb time. In the evening(sundown or later) open all cabinet doors, turn off A/C, and turn on one or two overhead lights (to attract the mosquitos), set off a bug bomb or two and leave for several hours. Come back, throw the bug bomb cans in the recycle bin and clean up the dead mosquitos.

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, there are mosquitos outside. You might not see them but they are there. Window weep holes is how they get in mine.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
Flush all your water lines, run a bunch through the traps, and then pour vegetable oil in the traps. Put some in the toilet, too, so you have a seal but with no available water.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
still stagnant fertile water breeds bugs. Even a sink trap can breed hundreds. . Chlorinate , flush your water system. Have you taken supply a water sample to a lab to ascertain its quality and sanitation?

Jerrybo66
Explorer
Explorer
Any standing water in the commode? A little veggie oil on top to seal it ??
Support the Country you live in or live in the Country you support
2003 Sierra SP 26'Toy Hauler
1997 F-350, PSD, 4X4, red Crew Cab, long bed.
2007 Arctic Cat Prowler, Arctic Cat 500

Damdifino
Explorer
Explorer
2chiefsRus wrote:
did you check the slide out seals?

No slideouts on this model. And last year I crawled around underneath and caulked all openings because I had a few mice. At least they're gone ๐Ÿ™‚
2014 Arctic Fox 22H.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
did you check the slide out seals?
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
It's cool in there and out of the Sun. Great place for vampires.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed