cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hand Sprayer

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to replace my general use 2-gallon hand sprayer and am considering this:

Solo 456

Anyone have an opinion or better option?
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!
14 REPLIES 14

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
I replaced mine with one of these back pack sprayers...Solo has a couple of models. I got ours at Costco. Easy to carry around, very easy to pump and spray.

I like the backpack idea. Would be good for spraying weeds.
It's his Super Power!

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
He mentioned degreasing/degunking the radiator fins on the MH.

The previous sprayer broke when it fell off the house roof, so apparently there is/was something he needs it for up there.

I don't ask...I just shop. (And keep the first aid bin stocked.)
It's his Super Power!

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
westend wrote:
Fairly expensive for a middle-of-road garden sprayer. It would probably last for a long time, depending on what you put in it.

yep, $50?, I didn't spend much more than that for my backpack one. IMHO sprayers are a disposable item. buy cheap, throw them away. of course I put chlorine in them so they need lots of rinsing.
bumpy

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just curious..what do you use this for on your RV??

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
two gallons of liquid is too much weight for this old guy. my back tells on me.

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer

Check Harbor Freight - HF has 'em, but haven't tried theirs (yet).

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced mine with one of these back pack sprayers...Solo has a couple of models. I got ours at Costco. Easy to carry around, very easy to pump and spray.

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
That's a good point. I am planning on hauling it up the ladder to the roof.
It's his Super Power!

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Fairly expensive for a middle-of-road garden sprayer. It would probably last for a long time, depending on what you put in it.

I use these sprayers at work and around the house. I've found that the one gallon size is best for me as the contents weigh less. I sometimes am carrying one up a ladder. If I am doing a bigger spray job around my single acre residential lot, I'll mix up a few gallons of spray in a bucket and supply the sprayer with that.

Unless you buy a high-dollar model with Viton seals (like your Solo), bleach and caustic soaps eat them up in short order. If I need a new one, I shop sales at the Big Box stores.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
That sounds handy. I'd be wary of absent-mindedly over-pressurizing it and blowing it up.
It's his Super Power!

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:

Drill hole, Thread valve stem into hole and apply stem nut (I used a metal valve stem that bolts in.. It is a "Custom Shop" type product for flash not pressure).

interesting, might have to try that. I have several for $15 or so, use them for chlorine to demold siding. have a back pack one that works great and also a large 12 volt one designed to mount on a 4 wheeler.
bumpy

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I kind of like the one I use. It is modified so that instead of pump pump pumping it I just pressurise with the handy dandy blow hard (Air Compressor) Thius one blows off at 45 PSI Which I think is a bit low myself but . Well, that might be handy with the mod I did.

Drill hole, Thread valve stem into hole and apply stem nut (I used a metal valve stem that bolts in.. It is a "Custom Shop" type product for flash not pressure).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Nice to know. Will keep that in mind.

I need to replace the tank this time.
It's his Super Power!

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Better option? maybe. I ran across re-build kit at Lowes for my cheapie sprayer's. http://www.lowes.com/pd_319873-1306-181538_0__?k_clickID=41a9cfb3-2260-40cd-a16f-15482e399010&store_...
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"