cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

golf cart insurance

rtaylor0830
Explorer
Explorer
Just wondering who you guys insure your golf cart through when the campgrounds require it and how much does it usually cost.
17 REPLIES 17

Cecilt
Explorer
Explorer
wbwood wrote:
lawnspecialties wrote:
Who insures your camper? That's who I got a policy from. As mentioned earlier, roughly $100/yr.

When we had ours (just got rid of it right after beginning of the year) and when we had insurance on it, we had it insured through our RV insurance company (Allied)..If I remember correctly, it was around $125/year. The campground we would take it to, required $50k on it.

No more crusin' at ocean lakes in the Clemson cart?

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
lawnspecialties wrote:
Who insures your camper? That's who I got a policy from. As mentioned earlier, roughly $100/yr.

When we had ours (just got rid of it right after beginning of the year) and when we had insurance on it, we had it insured through our RV insurance company (Allied)..If I remember correctly, it was around $125/year. The campground we would take it to, required $50k on it.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Sarahdove
Explorer
Explorer
Our golf cart is insured through our car insurance carrier.
Sarah and Nick & our 2 Golden Retrievers and 2 Boston Terriers
'06 Fleetwood Bounder 35E
2015 Fiat (toad)

"No matter how much money you have or how few possessions, having a dog makes you rich."

Profile has my dog pics

benb21601
Explorer
Explorer
Absolutely insured. My insurance company says its covered under homeowners, but i doubled up on my rv policy just in case. I covered it for full replacement value plus 1 million in liability for less than $100 per year. All but 1 cg ive been to has required proof of insurance before allowing it to be used on the property.
2017 GMC Sierra 3500 Denali Dually Duramax L5P
2015.5 Jayco Seismic 3902
2015 EZGO Express S4 buggy

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
Popsie wrote:
did you ask the golf card dealer?

Maybe it's used? Besides, I don't ask my car dealer where to get insurance
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

discovery4us
Explorer
Explorer
All of my OHV (non road licensed vehicles) are insured through Farmers. Pay as I play, just call two days prior to use and call back to place policy on hold until the next trip.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
State Farm used to write a separate policy if required by a campground, but only if you had cars, house or some other business with them. They would not do just the golf cart.

rjf7g
Explorer
Explorer
I have all three of my campers, both cars, and my golf cart on my auto policy with Erie. The golf cart insurance costs $105/yr and cover $100k/$300k bodily injury, $100k property damage for us and for uninsured/underinsured. We have $200 deductible for property damage/$500 for collision/$250 for other than collision.

We have taken it to several campgrounds. Only one has asked to see the proof of insurance. Everyone else has been happy with my verbal response.

Our first golf cart was stolen from our seasonal campsite a few years ago. Homeowner's did not cover it because it was not at our house. For the cost of a replacement golf cart, I can insure this one for 30 years!
1999 American Cruiser Class B
2006 Palomino Puma 27FQ Bunkhouse
2007 Gulfstream Innsbruck 36FRS Park Trailer

lbrjet
Explorer
Explorer
We paid 75 a year from Miller Insurance for liability when we were seasonal. Was required.
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equalizer E4 1200/12000

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer

mowin
Explorer
Explorer
Mines insured thru progressive. Separate policy. $138 yr. I did have fire & theft on it for a couple yrs, and if I recall correctly, it was around $250.00.

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same coverage on my golf cart that I do on my truck and it is a hair over $100/year. Too much potential now days for lawsuits from everybody not to have at least liability. It is a separate policy.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

Popsie
Explorer
Explorer
did you ask the golf card dealer?

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I can`t help you with a golf cart, but our snowmobiles are a total of $150 a year. I think I was told by a couple people I know with carts in campgrounds that its very cheap, less than $100 a year. Its usually a separate policy.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!