cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Getting too OLD here - I reckon

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well - Its about time I slow down here on the populous Forums Threads and start just reading things and remember the good ole days... I like most others on here always follow NEWEST POSTs which lists all of the forums. Since all of my experience has really only been with TENT Camping and FOLDING TRAILER POPUP camping and alot of off-road trails sleeping in a sleeping bag under a big engulfing large bush...

It seems my long term association with the operations and design of Portable Systems and Emergency Radio Operations keeps getting me into trouble when some of my comments...

Guess it is time for me to only provide comments with the tent Camping and Folding trailer camping forums. The salvation here is there isn't much conversation on-going with these two threads...

Therefore I will be toning down on my comments here on this Forum and most likely you all will only find me making comments on the POPUPPORTAL forum...

Being retired and actually in a camping stand down at the present time until I can afford to get my new battery bank up and going again I still will be doing my daily routine of monitoring this Forum including the JAYCO Forum and the POPUPPORTAL forum along with a couple of Ham Radio forums, F150 Truck forum, and my family and Professional followers on-line through social media... Should give me a few things to do when I am not sitting outside under my big tree in the back yard watching all the road traffic go up and down the neighborhood here... I will probably end up like the old folks you see sometimes sitting next to the road and waving at everyone as they go passing by haha...

Its been fun trying to stay up with the newer bunch and their new toys... Hopefully I have helped a few folks along the way...

I am still here just won't be saying much anymore... Time to let go of the torch so to speak...

as we say on ham Radio 73' and CUL
Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS
16 REPLIES 16

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Roy,

You have to at least keep up posting your RV electrical systems diagram. I think people actually use that and it helps the newbies. Besides, who else will step up to post with seemingly RANDOM all caps WORDS in their posts? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Just remember to really read the posts carefully. I've been guilty of responding with not quite right information when I mis-read and assumed. Other times I check Google to confirm what I think before posting. Worse case, you post something wrong, get corrected and you learn something (like about yellow flames). Nothing wrong with that.

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
YUP....I stopped posting here a few years ago....only a handful of guys that actually want to HELP (you are one of those guys)....everybody else either just wants to argue or solves a problem by throwing $$$ at it.

I still get PMs about my slideout floor replacement though....

paddykernahan
Explorer
Explorer
RoyB wrote:

Its been fun trying to stay up with the newer bunch and their new toys...

New toy TH-D74A.

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
My specific camper, and style of camping, differs from most. I've cut back and only read a few of the sub forums that I can directly relate to, as opposed to using the "newest".

Nothing against new folks but I prefer the posts from old timers. Guess I put more weight on their answers. We've lost a lot of them over the years.

Getting OLD here too.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

mordecai81
Explorer
Explorer
Do what you need to do to stay healthy and sane, but I have enjoyed your input on the forum. I respect the opinion of anyone with such a bad*** popup!

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
I've been on the forums for quite some time and I have learned a lot of technical information from your posts. I don't recall you posting any information that would cause a controversy but sometimes it doesn't take much for that to happen here.

Even if it is life experiences I enjoy reading here and a lot of posts have really had me thinking over the years. There have been a lot of great posts with views that I would have never thought about. I truly hope you will reconsider your decision and continue to offer your experiences and thoughts with us. ๐Ÿ™‚
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

jwstrout
Explorer
Explorer
I am new here, but you made several posts on my battery charger question thread. Both were very informative, and useful for me. It kind of sounds like we are in the same boat with new batteries.

You clearly have an idea of how to deal with your new set-up. I do not. I am trying to learn, and I appreciate, and need the help that an experienced gentleman such as yourself can supply.

I do not know what happened, but please do not let a bad apple or a couple of bad apples make you feel like there is no value to your opinion, and please do not hesitate to post on any thread that I have created. I do value the input.

Jeff

Stumps
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Roy! just wanted to say hi. I've been "between" popups but that's coming to an end soon, and with ownership I always ramp up activity on forums. Hope to bump into you somewhere.
popups sold. searching for my next camper

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I have been on here several years and with all the repeat questions you see on here I am getting pretty good about repeating some of the answers I have read over the years

Johndanielscpa
Explorer
Explorer
This is a forum. Exhange of ideas is the point. Not everyone's opinions will be accepted by all, but who cares? I don't agree with everyone, but I still welcome everyone's "unfiltered" opinions based on their OWN experiences. If I choose to accept or ignore, that's up to me. But if you don't post, I will never have that choice. Please don't stop posting because someone or someone(s) don't agree or appreciate what you have to say!

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have been on the forums longer then you and I'll bet I am a lot older then you, and I think in the past year or so the forums have really calmed down.
A few years ago I left here because almost every question I asked was met with a sarcastic response, but that seems to have changed

The " around the campfire" one here is as bad as ever with the moderator changing anything that doesn't suit him unless you are one of his pets.
I have a good friend who won't go on it because almost all his posts were deleted by the moderator because he disagreed with one of the mods pets posts

I would stay on and don't worry about others

Also check out "The RV forum" the moderators are excellent and most of the posters are good people

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer

As long as we do not see this when we go by your place.
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
RoyB, I think that you should reconsider about not posting on all the forums. I for one, will miss your "haha".
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't let folks bully you off the forum. I just read the exterior lights thread and I for one appreciate someone who doesn't spout the "it's better to ask forgiveness than permission" rhetoric. Keep on posting - it's nice to have folks who actually camp on this board.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)