cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Florida State parks new utility fee...

dhull
Explorer
Explorer
$7 a day??? I don't use that much at home, not even close!
5 REPLIES 5

dedmiston
There's a duplicate thread here.

Closing this one.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
dhull wrote:
$7 a day??? I don't use that much at home, not even close!

Let's see that is 210/month My utility bill for my apartrment (Way bigger than my RV was) is like 85 bucks this month. the house I used to have soked up about 200/month.

Some states have a law "If you charge for electricity you may only pass on what the supplier charges you".

Florida has some strange rules and laws (Most all states do but that's a long article. a book or two and a fairly common article in a popular magazine so I'm not going to discuss them)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Very unfortunate with inflation so low too.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
According to the fee schedule PDF, the utility fee is for "non-registered campers." If you're camping there, the utilities are presumably included in the site fee, just as dump station and shower usage is included for campers and have fees for non-registered campers. (Of course, the site fees do vary based on what amenities are available, among other things.)

I'm guessing perhaps this fee is to cover such situations as charging an electric vehicle in an otherwise unoccupied site.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
link?
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper