cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

FLORIDA ROADWAY ACCIDENTS AND ALERTS for navigators

Songbirds
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a FLORIDA HIGHWAY PATROL ACCIDENTS AND ALERTS TO ROADWAY CONDITIONS to alert drivers via Navigators on Computers. Check out this link for details daily. Florida Highway Patrol roadway Alerts and accidents.
2021 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van, showing six tires down, 3400XD, V6, 7-Speed Automatic 24FL, 170-WB, 24'-3", Coachmen Galleria w/Li3, "Next ROAD TRIP" to where?
28 REPLIES 28

Farmboy666
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Farmboy666 wrote:
I think the problem with this conversation is your trying to convince everybody to think like you.
Nope, just trying to enlighten people to the hazards that have been proven in several studies. Kind of like people didn't use to think drinking and driving was such a big deal. Remember that? Or smoking wasn't really bad for your health? Not believing it doesn't make it not so.

Or marijuana was the evil weed or the earth was flat. Thanks for enlightening me.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Farmboy666 wrote:
I think the problem with this conversation is your trying to convince everybody to think like you.
Nope, just trying to enlighten people to the hazards that have been proven in several studies. Kind of like people didn't use to think drinking and driving was such a big deal. Remember that? Or smoking wasn't really bad for your health? Not believing it doesn't make it not so.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Farmboy666
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
JaxDad wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
It's been pretty much proven that cell phone usage causes serious distractions, unlike tuning the radio, snacking on a burger, etc. Do a little reading on the subject and you may be convinced...or maybe not.

We better ban passengers too then, after all, if it's the conversation not the act of holding the phone that's the issue we can't have distracted drivers carrying on conversations with passengers.

Or those helmet radio things so that motorcyclists can carry on a conversation with another nearby rider........
As I have stated a little research will open up a wonderful new world. The conversation, in and of itself, isn't the issue. It's the fact that the person is having a conversation with a person that isn't actually present that throws things off. A conversation with a person that is at hand isn't as distracting as a conversation with someone not present.

And yes, I agree that those stupid helmet radios are the same problem. I don't use 'em, don't like 'em, and try to convince others of the same thing.

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Boy am I glad I ain't got one ! I many years will drive 60,000 miles and do not like gadgets !

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
JaxDad wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
It's been pretty much proven that cell phone usage causes serious distractions, unlike tuning the radio, snacking on a burger, etc. Do a little reading on the subject and you may be convinced...or maybe not.

We better ban passengers too then, after all, if it's the conversation not the act of holding the phone that's the issue we can't have distracted drivers carrying on conversations with passengers.

Or those helmet radio things so that motorcyclists can carry on a conversation with another nearby rider........
As I have stated a little research will open up a wonderful new world. The conversation, in and of itself, isn't the issue. It's the fact that the person is having a conversation with a person that isn't actually present that throws things off. A conversation with a person that is at hand isn't as distracting as a conversation with someone not present.

And yes, I agree that those stupid helmet radios are the same problem. I don't use 'em, don't like 'em, and try to convince others of the same thing.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
fj12ryder wrote:

nancyjerry
Explorer
Explorer
It's distracted driving...period.
People using cup holder, great...you pick up the cup and the plastic lid wasn't on thought and it spills on you...distracted.
Pick up the hamburger and the pickle covered in ketchup drops on your shirt, distracted driving..
My favorite....what happens when the dog panting out the DRIVERS window steps on a male drivers private parts..distracted driving.
Drives me nuts, pun somewhat intended...

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, some studies are starting to show that, in general, we aren't as good at multi-taking as we would like to think we are.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Farmboy666
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
You guys need to get out there on a motorcycle just so you can experience how many people are texting, talking, using their cell phones instead of driving. A motorcycle makes it up close and personal.

Iโ€™ve got 3 motorcycles and been riding for 45 yrs. Iโ€™m also a licensed pilot, I said I agree with the texting bit but I think driving in general requires the ability to multitask. I also know there are some people that shouldnโ€™t be on the road at all.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
You guys need to get out there on a motorcycle just so you can experience how many people are texting, talking, using their cell phones instead of driving. A motorcycle makes it up close and personal.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

roam1
Explorer
Explorer
yeah, come to think of it, I'll pull out the old paper map and read it while driving......no one ever did that......or change the radio station.......or get a burger at the drive thru.....or put their sun glasses on.........nevermind.....

Farmboy666
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
"Letโ€™s just say Iโ€™ve seen (proportionately) FAR more silly mistakes with cars, trucks and RVโ€™s than Iโ€™ve ever seen with aircraft."

Well, that's to be expected. Compare getting a pilot's license to a license necessary to motor a 40' 5th wheel and truck down the road. Oh wait, you get one of those when you get one for your Honda, same type of vehicle, right? If you have a license to pilot a Cessna 172, then that same license should enable you to fly a Airbus A380. Same type of vehicle, right? Wings, engine, wheels, it's just a bit bigger. ๐Ÿ™‚

And of course the consequences of silly mistakes in an aircraft can be much more severe...lethal perhaps.

Sounds like you just need to stay home. People have been multitasking long before cell phones came along. It was much more dangerous to have a drink in the 60's before cup holders. I get the problem with texting but don't go overboard, even you look at your GPS now and then even if it does talk to you. 10 and 2

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
fj12ryder wrote:
"Letโ€™s just say Iโ€™ve seen (proportionately) FAR more silly mistakes with cars, trucks and RVโ€™s than Iโ€™ve ever seen with aircraft."

Well, that's to be expected. Compare getting a pilot's license to a license necessary to motor a 40' 5th wheel and truck down the road.

If you have a license to pilot a Cessna 172, then that same license should enable you to fly a Airbus A380. Same type of vehicle, right? Wings, engine, wheels, it's just a bit bigger. ๐Ÿ™‚

Your own argument defeats itself. A motorhome is personal use, you canโ€™t drive a tractor trailer with a normal car license.

Ditto an airplane, you need a special license to fly for pay, even if itโ€™s in a 172.

And yes, a split second of inattention in even a tiny car can be fatal.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II

Well, that's to be expected. Compare getting a pilot's license to a license necessary to motor a 40' 5th wheel and truck down the road. Oh wait, you get one of those when you get one for your Honda, same type of vehicle, right? If you have a license to pilot a Cessna 172, then that same license should enable you to fly a Airbus A380. Same type of vehicle, right? Wings, engine, wheels, it's just a bit bigger. ๐Ÿ™‚

And of course the consequences of silly mistakes in an aircraft can be much more severe...lethal perhaps.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"