cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Escapees worth joining?

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
To all you old folks out there like me; what's your option on Escapees RV Club? Is it worth joining?
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"
12 REPLIES 12

Ro_n_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
It's not expensive to join. Try it out for yourself.
2020 Dutch Star 4328 on FL Chassis
2018 Grand Cherokee Limited
Ready Brute Elite Towbar & Road Master Wiring

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
Ron3rd wrote:
To all you old folks out there like me; what's your option on Escapees RV Club? Is it worth joining?

Do your homework. Research what the benefits are to/for YOU.

Comparison to GS - only fair to compare which features matter to YOU.

Caveat: *If* you join GS (even if you don't continue membership) you
will receive mail "solicitations" for years, and years, & years..:(

Forums? Same thing - what sub-forums ring YOUR chimes - or apply to YOU. Just remember, you aren't the Engineer on either train...:B

And, of course, you don't have to "join" either to "participate" on the forums.

~

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
it is only good if you use it. buying it and only going one or two times it is debatable.
we have been a member for several years and it has been worth while for us

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Good info. Thanks folks
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
My husband and I have been Escapees since before we went fulltime in 2005. Over the years we have attended many rallies/activities and stayed at many of the Escapee parks. We enjoyed all of that.

My DH recently passed away and I kept the smaller of our two motorhomes. It's a 22' B+ and perfect for just me and my dog. I have maintained my membership and intend to attend some rallies in areas where I can get to easily. I may join Solos as well. My DH died on the road and I'm not ready to quit traveling. There are too many places I want to visit. We met a lot of people through Escapees and look forward to meeting more.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
My GF and I stayed as guests at Congrees Az. In 2016 and we had a great time. We thought it was a first class org. GS club cant compare... Escapees is graduate school and GS is kindergarten!
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was a GS club member but no nothing of the Escapees club.

I became a GS member when I bought my TT at a Camping World dealer and the GS RV forum is larger and much more active with many more members, topics and forums than Escapees with only a handful of regular active senior members posting on their RV forum. They do like o

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
bgum wrote:
You should be able to compare Good Sam club with Escapees. They are similar in many ways.
Do you think Good Sam is worth it?

They are completely different. Both offer ERS otherwise I don't know where they offer the same services.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

path1
Explorer
Explorer
We joined because of their ko-op park system. We knew we wanted to go full-time after we retired and became members about ten years before we did retire, and been a member well over 25 years. We winter in the Southwest and live in the northwest.
At the time the park we wanted into had a 9 year waiting list. We have met the most interesting people. We would do it all over again if we could.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

IDman
Explorer
Explorer
There is no comparison between the two. Escapees offers activities, benefits, RV parks, and even mail addresses.
Good Sam offers poor roadside service if you buy it.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
You should be able to compare Good Sam club with Escapees. They are similar in many ways.
Do you think Good Sam is worth it?

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are members, just paid our 3rd year dues. We just attended the annual Escapade which ran for a week and kept us busy from 9AM to 9PM with seminars, classes, meetups, concerts and other activities. We really enjoyed it and met scores of other RVers.
We are also scheduled to go tothe Craborang in Coos Bay OR, if the state doesn't burn down first. For a week of crabbing and clamming and evening get togethers.
Then in January there is the Boomerang a get together of 250-300 rigs in the desert off Quartzite for 14 days. Get togethers, musics and other activities.
Then in February a week long get together at Lake Havasu for fireworks. Things we won't attend are the Balloon get togther in NM, and the Rose Bowl Parade plus lots of others.
They also have a mail service, road service, online training class, a newbie university, online forums in several venues, Guided Tours and a lot of other stuff. Well worth the cost.
Oh and they have coop parks where you can stay for pretty good prices. My wife won 7 days at one right outside Yosemite.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper