Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

electric trailer

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi all,

This is of interest. It is the 2nd such towable I've seen. The Pebble and now the Lightship.

https://lightshiprv.com/
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.
6 REPLIES 6

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's also going back to the old Hi/Lo Trailer, with the top section dropping down over the lower section.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't see any means for privacy. No window shades.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
wa8yxm wrote:
All electric? Wonder what that means when it comes to a Trailer
I gather it means "No propane" Electric stove/oven/range/water heater/cabin heat.
Not a good boondocker that's for sure.

I think it also means it has itโ€™s own drive wheels to help the tow vehicle tow. Said it had a 300 mile range. Not sure how that works, but there are people smarter than me. (Canโ€™t believe I just admitted thatโ€ฆ)
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I know itโ€™s early in the development, but I wonder what experience the designers have in how people will use a travel trailer. Off grid for 7 days is nice, but whatโ€™s the capacity of on board water, capacity for onboard grey or black water, how do you heat of cool the thing. With all that glass, cooling it anywhere other than in Canada might be an issue. No real mention of where you can store your stuff

How does the electric motors on the L1 sync with the tow vehicle, gas or EV?
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
wa8ymx

80 kwh battery would meet my boondocking needs--particularly if there are solar panel, too.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
All electric? Wonder what that means when it comes to a Trailer
I gather it means "No propane" Electric stove/oven/range/water heater/cabin heat.
Not a good boondocker that's for sure.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times