cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dum de dum dum Wanted Alive

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
I want a wall clock crystal lens, with day and date but not numeric, like grand father clocks, sorta, Atomic timed and if there is such a critter one that changes time whne you enter a different time zone.
I want it for the MH.
So far, all mostly I have found, is wal mart grade, chinese plastic, in the same four or five designs everywhere.
i have found a couple that are crystal lens but no day date nor lighted but atomic radio timed.
As a reward, I will dance at your next wedding.
17 REPLIES 17

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
rk911 wrote:
BillyW wrote:
Maybe there's a market for a wifi wall clock that could automatically update from your phone...

Maybe just use a tablet (Ipad) with a simulated analog display...

this thread got me to wondering if there's a wrist watch with auto time zone capability. turns out there is...but at a price.

clicky

Im guesing every airline pilot needs or have one of those..for me a road traveler simple cell phone tells the time zones just fine..

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
rk911 wrote:
BillyW wrote:
Maybe there's a market for a wifi wall clock that could automatically update from your phone...

this thread got me to wondering if there's a wrist watch with auto time zone capability. turns out there is...but at a price.

clicky
There are actually two now. I have a watch with a WWVB receiver that relocks itself every night just as any of these other clocks do, but my only reason for having a power hog GPS Rx watch would be nothing but geek factor.
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
BillyW wrote:

clicky
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer

2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

westend
Explorer
Explorer
SCVJeff wrote:
Just curious... What's the point of the subject?
I was thinking the same thing. I guess the OP wants a clock that will do everything, hands-off. I've never seen an analog wall clock with a crystal lens that has day/date nor one that adjusts for Time Zone. Doesn't mean there isn't such a clock but I'd bet it's super-rare.

Another thought is, "why does it have to connect to the atomic timer?".
Are folks stepping outside their RV to shoot locations with a sextant?
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Just curious... What's the point of the subject?
Jeff - WA6EQU

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
rk911 wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:
I'm not aware of any wall clocks that are GPS equipped to change time zones automatically. So called "atomic clocks" of course, come in a wide variety of styles and shapes and keep the basic time accurate via radio signals, but the time zone is a local setting.

the Lacrosse Technology 12" round analog wall clock depicted in a previous post will auto change into/out of daylight savings time but not time zones.

we've been looking for the same type of clock as the OP for quite some time with not a lot of success. I finally settled for this clock for the MH. large numerals, ez to read and set. most people don't cross into a different time zone all that often and changing time zones on this clock takes about 5-seconds. yeah, it would've been nice to have that done automatically. the kicker is that this clock is battery operated and that was a huge plus for us.

Pretty much every clock we have does Daylight Saving Time changes, that's a simple programming issue. Time zone changes on the other hand, require the clock's programming to have an accurate location by some means, most commonly GPS. My cell phone changes zones automatically, but I haven't found any wall clocks that do despite finding some that use GPS time signals for corrections.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Other than a GPS referenced watch or two at around $1000.00, I doubt you will ever find a clock that's auto correcting. How many people move the clock in their house?

The technology between an "atomic" clock and one that sets and corrects itself based on location are completely different technologies.
Jeff - WA6EQU

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
down home wrote:
I want a wall clock crystal lens, with day and date but not numeric, like grand father clocks, sorta, Atomic timed and if there is such a critter one that changes time whne you enter a different time zone.
I want it for the MH.
So far, all mostly I have found, is wal mart grade, chinese plastic, in the same four or five designs everywhere.
i have found a couple that are crystal lens but no day date nor lighted but atomic radio timed

I do not know but I know where to look
Here, or one page "UP" from here for more options
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
DownTheAvenue wrote:
The atomic clock feature will keep the time set accurate but will not change when entering a new time zone. That would require a GPS clock with a database installed to recognize the exact location of the time zone boundaries. I don't think such a clock exists. Very low demand for one.

they exist but, as you point out, they are usually accompanied by a GPS device. the clock in our MH's "infotainment" center automatically adjusts to the time zone as does the clock in our 2010 Jeep Liberty. but both of those vehicles also have a built-in GPS system.
Rich
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
The atomic clock feature will keep the time set accurate but will not change when entering a new time zone. That would require a GPS clock with a database installed to recognize the exact location of the time zone boundaries. I don't think such a clock exists. Very low demand for one.

filthy_beast
Explorer
Explorer
Klockit

They have parts to build your own, kits and some of the "atomic" clocks.
Goody Two Shoes and the Filthy Beast
2008 Silverado 2500HD
2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You cannot make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
I'm not aware of any wall clocks that are GPS equipped to change time zones automatically. So called "atomic clocks" of course, come in a wide variety of styles and shapes and keep the basic time accurate via radio signals, but the time zone is a local setting.

the Lacrosse Technology 12" round analog wall clock depicted in a previous post will auto change into/out of daylight savings time but not time zones.

we've been looking for the same type of clock as the OP for quite some time with not a lot of success. I finally settled for this clock for the MH. large numerals, ez to read and set. most people don't cross into a different time zone all that often and changing time zones on this clock takes about 5-seconds. yeah, it would've been nice to have that done automatically. the kicker is that this clock is battery operated and that was a huge plus for us.
Rich
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate