cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dual hitch, flat tow and motorbike?

F1bNorm
Explorer
Explorer
I"ve seen folks using a dual hitch adapter to use a bike rack and flat tow a car. I'm wondering, rather than bikes, I would like to use a motorcycle rack to carry a CRF 125 dirt bike (200#). The other choice is to use the existing hitch on my towd, (Honda CRV) and mount the bike rack on the car. The CRV carries the motorbike with no problem but as a towd I'm wondering if there will be tow issues like a wobbling tail heavy trailer?

Thoughts- pro or con?

Norm
F1BNorm
3 REPLIES 3

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
BurbMan wrote:
The CRV with bike on the back won't sway for the same reason that you can't back up with a toad...the 4 wheels of the CRV are at its corners, not close together like a trailer.
. A mis conception here, backing 4 down is easy, done properly. Its no different than backing a trailer except you should have a spotter watch the front wheels. Theres no harm to the towed or the rig. warnings are legality Cover Their Backside.

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
That's a pretty light bike. It's not like you're carrying a Harley or Gold Wing. If the CRV drives fine hauling the Honda, it should tow just fine too.
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
The CRV with bike on the back won't sway for the same reason that you can't back up with a toad...the 4 wheels of the CRV are at its corners, not close together like a trailer.