cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Don't come to NH either!

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
NH just followed MA's lead-only takeout from restaurants. Drat. No Friday night date night out. Part of the concern was MA residents coming up over the border on St. Patrick's Day since MA restaurants and bars are closed. Guess our day trips on the weekend are going to be in Maine until they shut down!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]
27 REPLIES 27

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:
Would it be if you or your family are one of the dead?

In 2018 33,654 people died in car accidents in the US. We should not drive. Ridiculous you say? But what if YOUR family were one of the dead?

Take precautions, abide by the rules, live your life.

It was a very close aunt and uncle in 1977. It was an awful thing but we got through it.
Cold as it may seem, nobody in the family quit driving.

PA12DRVR
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:

In 2018 33,654 people died in car accidents in the US. We should not drive. Ridiculous you say? But what if YOUR family were one of the dead?

^^^ This. Unfortunately, I think the precautions urged / required by the CDC have not been adequately evaluated against the impact they will cause: Once the CDC says to minimize contact, any company is likely to immediately take huge steps to do so in order to avoid lawsuits...with a spiraling effect that eventually shuts the country down. And what harm to "the people" will ultimately be tolled up due to a multi-trillion loss of GDP and economic downturn that will take generations to recover from? Will our kids and grandkids suffer because there is no generational wealth passed on, because there are fewer $$ (either public or private) to fund charities, because the economy doesn't generate the tax revenue is should?
...and while it's pretty easy to say "Lives matter more than dollars", does that hold true if actions that potentially save lives (maybe or maybe not and maybe those lives would or would not have been lost anyway) end up costing the entire country or an entire generation an order of magnitude lower standard of living?
CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Jack_Diane_Freedom wrote:
Come on people. You are supposed to stay home to prevent the spread of this killer virus. Sure transporting it from state to state is a good idea.

It's OK - I'm currently in FL, watching the crammed beaches/parks; and previously open bars/pubs/cafes teeming with Spring Breakers. Those kids are NOT being tested, so expect them to bring LOTS of germs home with them, if they ever leave.....

PS: the Corona Virus counts in FL have appeared to be "low" - but the truth is that testing for Brevard County, for one, only began 2 days ago.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
I'm more concerned about a lifetime of lung damage than worried about the odds of dying from this.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:
United States, 350 MILLION people. 150 deaths.
Come on yโ€™all. Isnโ€™t this maybe a tat overblown?

Yes and no. I'm far from an alarmist but it seems there can be "community transmission" i.e, the virus can spread to those who have not traveled, etc. I do plan on continuing outdoor activities (with discretion and caution) AND keeping my sense of humor intact!

Yes, great idea madam.....I stand corrected.

Pol-ah-gs extended!

Lakeside

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer

Yes and no. I'm far from an alarmist but it seems there can be "community transmission" i.e, the virus can spread to those who have not traveled, etc. I do plan on continuing outdoor activities (with discretion and caution) AND keeping my sense of humor intact!

Douglas Adams

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
campigloo wrote:

Would it be if you or your family are one of the dead? :h

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Devocamper wrote:
free radical wrote:
Some advice on protection from Corovirus

It can live up to 12 hrs on Cold metal surface
Heat of 27C kils it
So does Sunshine
Sneezing or coughing can spread it up to 3 meters far
Have a bit of Hot drink every 15 minutes to keep mouth clean,moist,stomach acid will kill this virus
Avoid cold drinks or ice cream
Any mask will work as protection
Take a deep breath and hold for 10 seconds,IF you need to cough you may be infected
Share w everyone

Please just stop this itโ€™s not helpful !!

And for the most part it's wrong!
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer

moresmoke
Explorer
Explorer
mgirardo wrote:

You could be wrong about the travel part. Judging from what I saw on my short travel on I-95 in south GA yesterday, Florida is emptying of RVers. Just RV after RV heading north. Definitely a lot more RVs than normal for this time of year. I'm guessing people are rushing home to beat any possible travel ban.

-Michael

Just to note: many of the Canadian snowbirds are required by their home province to have travel insurance for health care when they are out of the country. Canada has declared the US as a health risk to travel to. Effectively cancelling these folks health insurance. So they are heading home ASAP.

Mommalu
Explorer
Explorer
Well said!
I choose to be wise and follow the CDC's suggestions.
But I choose to laugh. Laughter improves ones health, like a good walk in the sunshine.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
I believe Crowe is a Mrs, not a Mr.

I am. And I plan on hitting a beach in Maine if the weather isn't too cold this weekend. My chances of having the virus are slim-to-none. My chances of losing my mind staying home for three weeks are near 100%! NO ONE has said we must stay in our homes in this area. Prohibitions are on restaurants, bars and large gatherings. I think the BEST thing y'all can do is get your butts out for a walk in the sunshine. Keep your distance, pack your lunch and enjoy. Keep your hat off and soak in that Vitamin D. If you sit inside, wringing your hands and panicking you will only make yourself worse. Use common sense. Your chances of getting the flu are far greater during flu season but few stay home because of it. More and more people are testing positive but a good part of it is because more people are being tested, not necessarily that the pandemic is growing.

Douglas Adams

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
free radical wrote:
Some advice on protection from Corovirus

It can live up to 12 hrs on Cold metal surface
Heat of 27C kils it
So does Sunshine
Sneezing or coughing can spread it up to 3 meters far
Have a bit of Hot drink every 15 minutes to keep mouth clean,moist,stomach acid will kill this virus
Avoid cold drinks or ice cream
Any mask will work as protection
Take a deep breath and hold for 10 seconds,IF you need to cough you may be infected
Share w everyone

Please just stop this itโ€™s not helpful !!
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's