cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Diaper Pail for toilet paper disposal.

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
OK, As most of you know, during Happy Hour, most everything is discussed. The latest being, what brand of toilet paper are you using to avoid the possible of clogging up the back holding tank. Lots of brands mentioned with all good results.
Then, this one guy states that they have eliminated the toilet paper issue by disposing it in a diaper pail. This brought several questions, mainly the odor issue. He stated that with the new modern diaper pails that there was none.

Do you use a diaper pail or know of anyone that does?

We do a lot of dry camping and it looks like it would be a good way to conserve water.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog
83 REPLIES 83

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
RayJayco wrote:
Ralph Cramden wrote:
I would suggest if you're going to put the used TP in a diaper pail why not adapt a comfortable seat to it and pinch the loaf directly in there also?

Sure would save you a lot of work and time connecting a hose, pulling a valve handle, so on and so forth.

A store bought solution! :B
Luggable Loo

and gift wrap is available.
bumpy

RayJayco
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
I would suggest if you're going to put the used TP in a diaper pail why not adapt a comfortable seat to it and pinch the loaf directly in there also?

Sure would save you a lot of work and time connecting a hose, pulling a valve handle, so on and so forth.

A store bought solution! :B
Luggable Loo
Inquiring minds want to know...

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Then, this one guy states that they have eliminated the toilet paper issue by disposing it in a diaper pail. This brought several questions, mainly the odor issue. He stated that with the new modern diaper pails that there was none.
Do you use a diaper pail or know of anyone that does?

If the owner of an RV tells me that I have to put my USED toilet paper in a bucket inside his RV instead of flushing it?

I will NOT even go inside any RV that has a bucket with used toilet paper in it sitting there, period.

We have toilets for a reason in our RV's, so FLUSH those used filthy pieces of toilet paper down the toilet where it's meant to go!

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Steve B. wrote:
I think my trailer solves the problem. No bathroom. I only use the campground facilities and therefore, no problems. Glad I don't have to make these decisions!!

but your setup is perfect for the use of a diaper pail. just sit at your dinette, the rest of the steps you will have to improvise.
bumpy

Steve_B_
Explorer
Explorer
I think my trailer solves the problem. No bathroom. I only use the campground facilities and therefore, no problems. Glad I don't have to make these decisions!!
2000 Twister by Fifties Trailers,
2017 Honda Ridgeline
2003 Miniature Schnauzer, Meyer

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
mr. ed wrote:
I use a diaper pail for its intended use. I put my diapers in there. :B
I used to, but now, just Dependz. ๐Ÿ™‚

They don't make Depends big enough for a horse! ๐Ÿ˜„
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
mr. ed wrote:
I used to, but now, just Dependz. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Cloud Dancer wrote:
Am I wrong in insisting that my RV must have a separate private toilet cubicle, with a ceiling deluxe Fantastic fan PLUS a window plus a lavatory plus 2 cabinets PLUS a supply of Charmin toilet paper (which BTW breaks up into little pieces when in water)...?
My point is that what works for me is what works for ME. We are all free to go our individual way (pun intended).

if it is your RV I certainly would insist on these features.
bumpy

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Am I wrong in insisting that my RV must have a separate private toilet cubicle, with a ceiling deluxe Fantastic fan PLUS a window plus a lavatory plus 2 cabinets PLUS a supply of Charmin toilet paper (which BTW breaks up into little pieces when in water)...?
My point is that what works for me is what works for ME. We are all free to go our individual way (pun intended).
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

mt1729
Explorer
Explorer
Geeze
Moose

dewey02
Explorer
Explorer
korbe wrote:
I have to chuckle when I read the rebuttals to "how" some folks dispose of the TP while using the bathroom in their rig. As if there is a "standard" and any other method is "wrong".

Instead of the members here expressing their personal process and understanding that people in this world do things differently, no, they express how they are right and the weirdos are wrong.

The analogy that some here use the toilet as "intended" similar to other items within their rig, is like saying we all use our stoves to cook the same way. We don't cook the same way, but we both use the stove to cook. Some people will make toast in a frying pan, and others will use the broiler. Is anybody a doofus for cooking differently?

Rather poor analogy in my opinion. As said previously, it is your RV and you can do whatever you want as long as it doesn't impact your neighbors. But as far as your analogy, we don't know what you cook on your stove, but comparing cooking food to feces disposal just seems wrong.

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
steveh27 wrote:

There is no smell. Try it.

thanks, but I think I will pass.
bumpy

Naaaaa, I'm with Bumpy on this one. If you want to put your **** paper in a bag; knock yourself out.

I'm not questing that "you" don't smell it. That's kinda my point! :E

Kind of like the people that say: "my dog never bites." :B
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

IBcarguy
Explorer
Explorer
TP in a diaper pail? That's just plain old gross....