cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Congestive Heart Failure & COPD!

Irover
Explorer
Explorer
:@ Wondering how others put up with Camping and Air Quality Alerts; Heat, humidity other than staying indoors in the air conditioning! This Summer is going to be brutal South of the Mason/Dixon line!

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

Tamnative
Explorer
Explorer
Irover wrote:
:@ Wondering how others put up with Camping and Air Quality Alerts; Heat, humidity other than staying indoors in the air conditioning! This Summer is going to be brutal South of the Mason/Dixon line!

Thanks!

I have CHF and have had it for 20+years it is 1 reason I got a camper.If you don't have a problem with walking 1-2 miles in temps below 70* and you function at home normally you should be fine. When it gets hotter I tend to get slugish so I don't push myself (at least I try not to). I am coming on to 65 so I (unfortunetly had an early start on this ****) The heat always bothered me though. A question though, do you retain water? If so you may want to talk to your doctor.
I had a breathing problem for years and found that it was allergies and have since felt pretty good. As for me,even though I hate the heat(anything above 80*)I would go. Hopes this helps.
2005 Ford F-350 ex-cab Lariat 4x4 srw 6.0 Powerstroke
2008 Bigfoot 10.4

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
I purchased an oxygen concentrator for my partner. I wish it were not quite so much a power hog.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have asthma and don't do well in heat. I'm OK as long as the nights cool down, but if the nights stay hot and still, I'm in trouble. So, I go to the mountains in the summer. Don't get the over 100 degree days, or the humidity, and the nights get a good breeze. I do things in the morning and early evening and siesta during the hottest part of the day - put my chair in a nice shady spot and read for a couple hours.

I am camping though not sightseeing. If sightseeing, you might try to keep to indoor sites midday to late afternoon - things like museums. Do outdoor sites in the morning before the heat takes over. Pick RV Parks a bit further out from the "bad air" center and spend the evenings resting. Not trying to do as much as you used to in a day will help. Separate outdoor activities with indoor rests (eat more small meals throughout the day so you can sit inside air conditioned restaurants).

Stay hydrated and check your meds for sun exposure issues.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)