cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campnab

sam22
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hey, just curious if anyone has tried this service out? It sounds like a brilliant idea, wish I had thought of it! I was thinking of signing up to try to get a few spots in Jasper and Banff since they all book up for the year on the first day. Just curious if anyone has had an luck with it? Thanks!
Camper:
2015 Evergreen Ascend 232BHS
Towed with:
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
29 REPLIES 29

sam22
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well I tried it out, got a monthly package and got a site in Jasper with power for 4 nights so I'd say I'm satisfied and that it works pretty good. It would be great to get Alberta provincial parks in this system too! Thanks for creating this!
Camper:
Towed with:
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
pnichols wrote:
karj wrote:
Weโ€™re working on adding more states. It just takes time as many of the jurisdictions run on different systems. As such, some of these require more work to add scan for than others.

You might want to consider adding county parks too. Some of our favorite parks are county parks with many reservation-only spots that are booked months in advance.

True,

I did notice though that one of their listings in MN was a county park near me. So they do have a few for sure.

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
karj wrote:
Weโ€™re working on adding more states. It just takes time as many of the jurisdictions run on different systems. As such, some of these require more work to add scan for than others.

You might want to consider adding county parks too. Some of our favorite parks are county parks with many reservation-only spots that are booked months in advance.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
karj wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Well, if this post is legit, it clearly shows the disadvantage of relying on secondhand information, as was mentioned earlier.

Itโ€™s totally legit. Weโ€™re a tiny operation, and have nothing to gain by doing scammy things. In fact, so many folks have had a good experience with the service that we started posting their notes here: https://campnab.com/reviews (We donโ€™t pay for these, or solicit them in any way. Most of them are just messages we received via email, from happy customers.)

More than that, we put a lot of attention into providing good support to our members. Anyone can reach me directly on our office line by calling 604-683-2250. Additionally, we have a chat widget on the site and typically respond to requests within a few moments (so long as weโ€™re awake and in range of cell service).

Campnab isnโ€™t our full time gig. Additionally, some features are harder to add than othersโ€”especially given all the different booking systems we need to integrate with. So, we canโ€™t always add a feature quicklyโ€”even if it seems simple from the outside.

That said, we do work really hard to offer a good service. If any of you do try it, and run into problems, please reach out to us. Weโ€™re happy to answer any questions, and help you directly in any way we can. ๐Ÿ™‚

I checked it out and it looks interesting. But, it has very few listings in MN where I am from. And, no MN state parks. Maybe in the future you will add more parks to your lists.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bipeflier wrote:
sam22 wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Google it and get all the information first hand.

Great, thanks for the super helpful response. I'm so glad you're here to provide such valuable information to people.

He is kinda known for it.
Oh, you're too kind. (Blush)
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Bipeflier
Explorer
Explorer
sam22 wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Google it and get all the information first hand.

Great, thanks for the super helpful response. I'm so glad you're here to provide such valuable information to people.

He is kinda known for it.
2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
My wife's cousin (girl) from Oregon was telling us that back in the early 70s Canada wanted the youth of the day to see their country, so they had some program where you could hitchhike from coast to coast and have a place to stay overnight for free, which she did. Those were the days.
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
sam22 wrote:
covered wagon wrote:
I had no Idea things were getting that tough to get a site. We visited Banff/ Jasper 12 times and never had to reserve at anytime. My first time there was 1971 when I hitch hiked with a backpack,tent, clean clothes and a hair cut from Monterey. He he..... a doctor picked mE up in Portland and flew me over the Cascades in his airplane to NW Washington. Then Border guard gave me a ride to the trans Canada Highway. I can't tell you how fun it was in those days.

Wow that sounds pretty great! I'm not sure you could get away with that these days. You can can get a site in Banff easier than Jasper, the biggest campground in Japser has been closed since 2018 so that makes it more difficult. Almost impossible if you want any hookups. Things have changed!

Thanks Sam22, they had youth hostels back then in Banff/ Jasper. For 2 bucks you got a shower a cot and granola breakfast in the morning. Oh and a ride to town in the van and ride back at midnite. There were a lot of nice gals I met from around the world traveling as I did. It was fun in those days. Such good memories.

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Eric - thanks for posting on this forum. I can't seem to find on your site the price for doing these scans. We are a working family and have to plan camping trips. We like state parks, so If we knew we wanted to camp over spring break, and we were flexible on what state park - would we have to create several scans and pay for each scan? What is that cost? I see that it most likely will cost more if I want you to scan more often.

So say out of all these scans, nothing comes up within our selected time frame - do we have to tell you to stop scanning/charging our credit card?

I wish there was more information on your site about fees/plans.

Thanks again - it's a great service - excellent idea!
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
karj wrote:
SanCap wrote:
Be Very careful with Campnab. I wanted to see if this worked as advertised so I set up an alert for a campground I have been trying to get into that is always booked. I followed the process and only input my email. After completing that the prompts quickly went to choosing a monthly or annual package.

At that point I left the website but did notice their cheapest annual package was $90.

A couple hours later I saw an email thanking me for joining with an annual subscription and my next payment was due 2-10-2021. I followed up and checked my CC statement and I had been charged $89.95 for an annual subscription to "Active Advantage". I never input a credit card number.

I contacted my credit card company and discussed this fraud and my card was cancelled. After a little research I found others that have had similar things happen to them with Active Advantage. The only thing that I found online was that Reserve America name was a common denominator.

This may be an isolated case but be careful and check your statements if you visited that site, the only thing I can think of is this is a rebranded company that I worked with previously and retained my CC number.

Coincidence maybe??? Most Likely not.

Iโ€™m one of the people working on Campnab. What you describe has nothing to do with us.

To be clear, we cannot charge your credit card unless you enter your CC number, date, and CCV. Without that information, it is impossible for us to charge you for anything.

We are not connected to Active Advantage in any way. That said, from my bit of investigation, it appears that theyโ€™re somehow affiliated with Reserve America. Others have complained about the same issue: https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f2/reserve-america-active-advantage-scam-beware-101968.html

I understand how the timing might have made the charge seem like it was related to us, but in no way is.

Weโ€™re just two guys working on a service that we built for ourselves (because we couldnโ€™t find any available campsites without it). We have no interest in doing anything dodgy with our product.
Well, if this post is legit, it clearly shows the disadvantage of relying on secondhand information, as was mentioned earlier.

Thanks for the heads-up.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
SanCap wrote:
Be Very careful with Campnab. I wanted to see if this worked as advertised so I set up an alert for a campground I have been trying to get into that is always booked. I followed the process and only input my email. After completing that the prompts quickly went to choosing a monthly or annual package.

At that point I left the website but did notice their cheapest annual package was $90.

A couple hours later I saw an email thanking me for joining with an annual subscription and my next payment was due 2-10-2021. I followed up and checked my CC statement and I had been charged $89.95 for an annual subscription to "Active Advantage". I never input a credit card number.

I contacted my credit card company and discussed this fraud and my card was cancelled. After a little research I found others that have had similar things happen to them with Active Advantage. The only thing that I found online was that Reserve America name was a common denominator.

This may be an isolated case but be careful and check your statements if you visited that site, the only thing I can think of is this is a rebranded company that I worked with previously and retained my CC number.

Ah, I was wondering how they figured to make any money. Now we know.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

SanCap
Explorer
Explorer

Formerly Jimandsue60 2015 Toyota Tundra, 2019 AT Summit Camper

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
Campnab seems to be able to notify you when a specific campground has a previously reserved site anywhere in it that opens up - but NOT when a specific desired site in that specific campground opens up

I checked it out and thought the same thing. Sometimes we only want a certain few sites. Maybe in the future that could be added on but right now for me it doesnt seem it will work out.

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

sam22
Explorer III
Explorer III
covered wagon wrote:
I had no Idea things were getting that tough to get a site. We visited Banff/ Jasper 12 times and never had to reserve at anytime. My first time there was 1971 when I hitch hiked with a backpack,tent, clean clothes and a hair cut from Monterey. He he..... a doctor picked mE up in Portland and flew me over the Cascades in his airplane to NW Washington. Then Border guard gave me a ride to the trans Canada Highway. I can't tell you how fun it was in those days.

Wow that sounds pretty great! I'm not sure you could get away with that these days. You can can get a site in Banff easier than Jasper, the biggest campground in Japser has been closed since 2018 so that makes it more difficult. Almost impossible if you want any hookups. Things have changed!
Camper:
Towed with:
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn