cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best Tires for a 2009 F450 Dually

Jimfromvirginia
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to replace the Continentals on my F450. Like the ride, but wear on edges seems to be common. Towing a 15,000 lb trailer so the truck is not over worked by any means. Might be upgrading fifth wheel to a little bit heavier soon. Short of it, I have searched on have not had much luck. Looking for quiet yet good traction (Continentals on there are highway and do not perform on wet grass or in mud very well. So go ahead and tell me what you think!
2012 Keystone Montana 3455SA towed by 2009 Ford F450 4x4 Diesel
9 REPLIES 9

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II
Treeadwright.
John and Elizabeth (Liz), with Briza the size XL tabby
St. Bernard Marm, cats Vierna and Maya...RIP. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

lightning_drive
Explorer
Explorer
Best tire is a bit subjective.
For me it includes Price, wear and performance.
I have a 1999 F550.
My son is a master tech and his shop uses Herculese on their F650 tow Trucks with 19.5 wheels. They are getting between 50 to 75K miles. In my opinion they run them too long. Looking like onion skins when they come off.
Yes they are built in China. I put 6 245 70R 19.5 H rated on my truck 2 years ago for under $1200.00.
My driving is highway and dirt and traction has been fine. No Snow or wet grass so no opinion. Just over 20K miles and wear has been great. Currently towing a 14K lb dry toy hauler.
If cost is a big factor This is my 2 cents.

Garry_Gayle
Explorer
Explorer
I used the Toyo 608Z on the rear, decent wear, great traction and quiet, for the front I used Toyo 143; handled great, eliminated a lot of that following the groove problem.

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
When I had my Ram dully I use Firestone Transferee. I was very happy with the ride (its a truck) and the ware great.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

True_temper
Explorer
Explorer
You better check your tire size. https://simpletire.com/hankook-245-70r19.5-3001195-tires

Jimfromvirginia
Explorer
Explorer
Here are all tiresthat I have heard mentioned.

Jimfromvirginia
Explorer
Explorer
True temper wrote:
Hankooks all the way

Website for Hankook does not have 19.5" tires. Running 25 70r 19.5

True_temper
Explorer
Explorer
Hankooks all the way

RWjSIM2003
Explorer
Explorer
I also have a 2008 F450 and looked last year for new tires. I did a bunch of research and then ended up going back to the Continentals. They were the best option for both traction and ride. I even got a great deal on them from the Ford Dealer beat all the other brands and bids I had by over $500.00. I found the key to getting good tire wear on the Continentals was maintaining the correct pressure in the tires. I pull a 18k 5er with our truck.