RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Bought One at the RV Show in Pomona

Went to the RV show at the Pomona Fairplex yesterday. We were interested in moving from a TT to a 5er. Found exactly what we wanted and bought the one on display with an agreed upon price for our TT as a trade in. This is our 2nd RV from Richardson's...

Rv GPS

This topic has been moved to another forum.You can read it here: 27317418

Just Being Happy

Just being happy here - got the news that a 3 week motorcycle camping trip is apparently happening in just 10 days! I can't wait. I don't own a bike, I'm just the passenger, but the last trip we did was absolutely awesome - to Gettysburg and Return.T...

Dernhelm by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Chevy 1996 zr2 s10 towing 4135 lb dry camper

Well I bought the camper and am towing it with my s10.. I am worried about the weights and feel I need to take it to a scale to be sure of what I am dealing with.I do scrap metal at times and can only tell you all the weight of the TV with myself and...

lawrosa by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

tow bar height

ok the measurment fron the reciver is 17inchs from the ground and 15 inch from the ground on the car so do i need to get a 2 inch drop reciver

The old, old, old bus is gone.

Well back in the early 1980's my son was about six year old and loved to go camping. We did not have any money so we did the best we could. Living out in the country on a farm we always had an old farm truck so we would take it to the NF about 20 mil...

door knob hits glass sliding door and

wondering of a way to make this safer?the door knob from the pantry when opened actually makes contact with the sliding glass door into my toyhauler garage area. I know where this is going in the long run :EI thought of a tennis ball cut and put ont...

Cold Weather

Headed to NC this weekend with a low of 27 degrees. Will have full hookups. Don't think ground is cold enough yet to freeze however my tanks might. Any thoughts or advice on preventing a freeze issue?My thoughts was to pour antifreeze in grey water...

JHblack by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Bicycle basket?

A few years ago I was AZ for winter, decided a bicycle would be nice. I checked Craig's list and picked up a used Jamais (never heard of them before) for a good price.That was a great purchase! I bicycle a lot when camping, and really enjoy it. Last ...

Ken_O by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

180 Day Rule for Canadians wintering in the south

Every year we hear of tales of bad border experiences because of over staying in the U.S.This is a refresher of the 180 day rule.A lot of them are over simplified and that gets a lot of Canadians in trouble.180 Day Rule... What is it?

Ka_Ron by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Remote battery monitoring system?

What brand / model do folks recommend? Are there any special functions that that you recommend having on this battery monitoring system? I have two 12V deep cycle type #27 batteries.Lakeside

Cold weather camping

Headed to the lake this w/e. The temps will drop to 28-30 degrees overnight. I have the heated tanks etc, but my question is the fresh water hose. Should I disconnect it overnight, or should it be OK?

Pomona Show

Just a quick note before I trundle off to bed. We went to the show mainly to look at Winnies, VIA, View, and other small rigs. not as impressed with them as we were last year and the Winnie VIA 27T had about a 17k dollar increase over last year. L...

Do you remove moisture?

Do you use anything in your RV to help remove moisture during winter storage? The lovely couple next door who have owned a variety of RV's over the past 55 years gave me a bit of advice on the weekend. To help remove moisture from the air and possib...

loulou57 by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes