cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Another benefit of RV'ing

salem
Explorer
Explorer
Was taking my trash to the dumpster a few days ago while we were camping. Started talking to guy who was two spaces down from me. Talked weather, real estate, etc. when we finally got around to saying where we were from. Turns out I went to high school with this guy. Hadn't seen him in 50+ years. Needless to say, we had both changed a bit. Talked to him several more times over the next couple of days. Small world.
6 REPLIES 6

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Ran into the Minister who married us, in Missoula, MT - that's a LONG way from Grand Rapids, Michigan....LOL!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Several years ago I was backpacking in the High Sierra mountains of CA. A woman coming towards me on the trail stopped and asked me if I was "Phil" ... and I said yes, who are you?

She was a native of Singapore and worked as an engineer in a Singapore electronics plant. I had visited the plant on a business trip sometime in the past and she recognized me!!!

Go figure!!
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I had a similar experience, large family group and one guy had a cap on with the name of a neighboring community where we live. The father/grandfather of half the group turned out was the first trombone chair in my Jr. High School Orchestra and I was second chair. Unfortunately he had suffered a stroke and could not remember a lot of what happened back then but it was interesting talking to him and his family. Oh Yeah!, that was back in 1953-54.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
I also run into people in strange places. Flew to Alaska for the first time 20 years ago and ran into someone I used to work with. It's truly a small world.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
6 degrees of separation. I have run into people I know at the most unexpected places. Small world indeed.

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
Pretty cool, I always wanted something like that to happen to me. To thumbs up and coffee on the table.