cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

6 inch awning tear

JKwock
Explorer
Explorer
How much to repair the awning for a 6 inch tear? It's located closest to the RV.

Jason
10 REPLIES 10

cwit
Explorer
Explorer
Camco tape works great. Always have a roll in my tool box.

JKwock
Explorer
Explorer
Thank u for the suggestions. I will try Camco tape first and keep u posted.??

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
DrewE wrote:
SoundGuy wrote:
Camco Awning Repair Tape

x2 on this. It works very well. Cost to repair would be about $4 or so for the roll of tape.

Edit: I think it's around $4 or $5 for a little roll at Wal-Mart, if memory serves. Apparently it's more at Amazon, or it's a bigger roll, or my memory is not serving me well at all.

X3!
when DW and I were replacing our 21' awning fabric we put two cuts in it on the door eyebrow sharp edge. We have had the awning for over two years. We full time Park Hosting in the PNW and the awning is out close to 24/7/365 and the tape is still holding.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

LarryJM
Explorer
Explorer
Jack Spratt wrote:
Eterna bond on both sides would be my first choice

That won't works since while Eternabond sticks great, the microsealant adhesive has VERY LOW shear strength and won't hold.

My recommendation is to either replace it (1st and best option) for a couple hundred dollars or remove it and take it somewhere and have them put a new seam in eliminating the portion between the tear and the existing seam where the awinging rail cord is shortening the awning as long as that distance is in the 6 in range.

The second option can be a DIY using a hand stitching awl and extra heavy duty thread that is UV protected and made for outdoor fabrics and awnings. This is a very meticulous and slow process and takes some practice to become efficient at hand stitching. I have been making repairs and custom fabricating items for some 30 years using a hand stitching awl and this has saved me $1,000's over the years.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
Camco Awning Repair Tape

x2 on this. It works very well. Cost to repair would be about $4 or so for the roll of tape.

Edit: I think it's around $4 or $5 for a little roll at Wal-Mart, if memory serves. Apparently it's more at Amazon, or it's a bigger roll, or my memory is not serving me well at all.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
X2, Jack and Soundguy.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Camco Awning Repair Tape
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Jack_Spratt
Explorer
Explorer
Eterna bond on both sides would be my first choice
Leprechaun 260 DSF
2017 Big Horn FL3750

'10 Yellow Lab to keep us on our toes.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Remove it and take to a shop or replace it.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

twodownzero
Explorer
Explorer
JKwock wrote:
How much to repair the awning for a 6 inch tear? It's located closest to the RV.

Jason

I don't know how big your awning is, but mine is over 20' long and the previous owners paid about $800 to replace the cloth.