cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Which dehumidifier do y'all use?

SCADAMAN29325
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's the question. Which dehumidifier do y'all use?

Thanks, Phil
THANKS! Phil and LuAnn
1st timers, brought it home 2022-10-19.
1994 Fleetwood Jamboree Rallye
M-T31-Ford-460, 1994 Ford E350
I may not know what I am doing, but I am having fun doing it!
9 REPLIES 9

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad

The dehumidifier we use is Arizona.  Sorry, couldn't resist.๐Ÿ˜

Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
rr2254545 wrote:
We like this one works great

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B9WK6N7D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

this will work if humidity is reasonably low. if your in high humidity areas, this is likely not going to do much at all. Our dehumidifier in our trailer will pull 5+ Gallons of water out of the air in 5-6 hours. these TE cooler devices takes days to get a few gallons out.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
When and where will you be using it?

A dehumidifier is just and air/con where both the evaporator and condenser are inside the living resulting in only a small increase in heat due to inefficiencies.
- If you are using the rig in even moderately warm weather turn on the air/con and it will dehumidify. Just set it to a comfortable temp, so long as it cycles occasionally, it will do the job.
- If it's in storage, in most places, it's not needed as there is a negligible temp difference inside vs outside to form condensation.
- If it's in storage, in a hot humid area (think south Florida in the summer), just set the air/con to 80-85F and it will dehumidify.

The problem situation would be in cold weather (sub 40F temps) while using he rig. Breathing, cooking, showering all adds a surprising amount of humidity. In this case a dehumidifier can be useful. As noted, it doesn't take long to fill the water container. If you can plumb a hose to gravity drain, that can be useful. Draining it to the shower is a marginal solution as it can quickly fill your gray tank if not on sewer. If you can feed a drain hose out thru the bottom of a slide seal, that would allow unlimited use.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
We like this one works great

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B9WK6N7D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
I use the one that is on the roof; but we call it an air conditioner. We donโ€™t have to worry about draining it; it does that all on its own without filling the gray tank.

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
None.
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
TenOC wrote:
Put it in the shower and you do not need to empty the tank.

a good option as long as you are not camping long enough to worry about filling grey tanks or have sewer hookup. And as long as you don't mind moving it for a shower and have an easy route to power.

we often camp for 2wks or so at sites with now sewer hookup or dump station so every gallon counts.

Ours usually just waters the flowers outside. when we use ours, the first day we usually suck out about 4-8 gallons of water, then about 3-5 gallons a day thereafter.

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Put it in the shower and you do not need to empty the tank.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
go to wallmart, lowes, HD or your favorite hardware store and buy the compressor driven dehumidifier that best fits the storage space you have. They are almost all made by the same company, just different brand names. Ours is one of the smaller ones, holds maybe 3-5 gallons when full. they all will do about the same job dehumidifying, just how much water they will hold varies.