cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The Long, Long Trailer

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
The Long, Long Trailer plays this Sunday on Direct TV. Get ready to laugh again.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog
18 REPLIES 18

Deleted_per_op
Explorer
Explorer
Remember the scene where "Ricky's" character is trying to back up and pulls out the instruction book? It said "pull into the trailer court and the attendant will park it for you". Ha ha... great laugh.

We were in a small private RV park last week. The "attendant" lead each camper to their campsite (follow the guy in the golf cart) and made sure you could back in & knew where the utilities were so you knew where to stop. He offered to guide you if you needed it. It's as close as I've ever seen in real life to "the attendant will park it for you". We were impressed!

Turn right now left! ๐Ÿ™‚
Dave

Deleted_per_op
Explorer
Explorer
IBcarguy - the movie is definitely "G" rated. It's a good family movie. The corny humor & old cars, etc will make most sense to you if you have gray or no hair ๐Ÿ™‚
Dave

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
I think kids would like it, at least parts of it. Some portions are perhaps a bit slower moving than they'd be used to. The humor is very much the same as on "I Love Lucy" (unsurprising since it has the same stars in similar roles), with a good bit of physical comedy.

IBcarguy
Explorer
Explorer
Is this a film that kids would like? (8 & 11)

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
After watching that movie, I told DW that she could ONLY pick up rocks that she could hold in one hand. (and she has small hands) ๐Ÿ˜‰
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Trailerdave
Explorer
Explorer
Just rec'd a DVD of the 1953 movie. Years back I had a VHS copy. Kept it in the Shasta. This new one will go in my (it's being built) new '18 Travato. Watched it as soon as it arrived - twice. I love "the rocks" and the "going vertical" mountain haul.

The movie is a great way to introduce someone into the arena of RV'ing. I really can't say it is that "dated" even though it is over 60 years old. The leveling, the backing up, the turning, the train behind you, all give the viewer some good information to be aware of.

TRAILER BRAKES FIRST! Well, at least that issue has been solved.
Dave Neuman
www.neumidi.com
2000 Ford F-150 3.55 axle/5.4 V8
2000 Shasta Ultra-Flite 2547 25'11" TT

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ron3rd wrote:
You can still find the DVD used on Amazon for about 6-8 bucks. I'm 60 years old and have never seen it! Gonna order a DVD!
Also on Ebay for $8.98 & free shipping
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
You can still find the DVD used on Amazon for about 6-8 bucks. I'm 60 years old and have never seen it! Gonna order a DVD!
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Great movie. I have the DVD, thanks for the heads up its good for others to see that have never seen it.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

grant135b
Explorer
Explorer
I like that movie just for the color (Technicolor?) and seeing the 1950s era cars, travel trailers, towns, streets, and highways. The fact that so much of it was filmed out on real city streets and roads as opposed to a studio backlot makes it a great '50s time capsule.
Fleetwood Pace Arrow, USAF/SAC Vet (KC-135A, B-52D)

Deleted_per_op
Explorer
Explorer
It's one of my favorite corny old movies. We have a DVD copy.
Dave

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
It's available as "On Demand" on DirecTV.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
The DVD lives in our trailer!
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

PaisleyDale
Explorer