Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sticky Dometic 310 toilet valve

vicmitch
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

Been having trouble with my Dometic 310 toilet intake water valve sticking open partially wasting precious water into the black tank, just like to know if how common this, just had the old valve replaced, the new one did not work any better, does Thetford toilet valves have the same problem.

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
โ€ข Mfr. Part No.: 385311641 Water Valve Kit
โ€ข Fits 300, 310, and 320 Series Dometic Toilets

You can find it at many outlets for different prices. Look it up on the internet.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
vicmitch wrote:
Hello,

Been having trouble with my Dometic 310 toilet intake water valve sticking open partially wasting precious water into the black tank, just like to know if how common this, just had the old valve replaced, the new one did not work any better, does Thetford toilet valves have the same problem.

Thanks

So are you referring to the water that sits in the bowl?
If that is what you are referring to it is normal it forms not only rubber seal, but also a water seal.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Reading your last reply again, if there is a really fine screen on the intake of the fill valve I would suspect there is something holding the valve partially open. Is the flush a lever or a foot pedal?
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
So the replacement valve doesn't work any better and it still leaks under pump pressure. It sounds like there is some kind of debris in the water system that is getting stuck in the valve. Either that or when you installed the new valve you did not get it seated correctly.
since I'm guessing you have debris in the valve I doubt a Thetford would work any better.

Do you possibly have enough hose length to disconnect the fill pipe from the valve, wrap it in a coffee filter and put it in a dry bucket. Have someone turn on the water pump while you hold the hose end in the bucket. Count to 30 and turn the pump back off. Now check the coffee filter and see if there is debris stuck in it.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

vicmitch
Explorer
Explorer
The toilet intake valve leaks with the on board pump pressure as well as our house well pump pressure of 60 lbs, doesnโ€™t appear to be a way to take the valve apart to see what the problem really is either. I sanitized and flushed the camper water system, putting in another new valve as well as a cut off valve in the line as a backup for the problem, on the new valve I can see a screen in intake so what ever gets by the screen would be pretty fine.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
vicmitch wrote:
Hello,

Thanks

No the fill valve should not leak. If you replaced the valve with a new one and it still leaks then either you have some foreign matter in the valve that is causing it to be partially open. Or your water pressure is too high and forcing water past the valve.

Does the leak happen only when hooked up to shore water? Or does it also leak when running the fresh water tank and water pump?

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Grit Dog...Then you come up with some valuable information instead of correcting others.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
joelc wrote:
Shut off the water. Let all water run from tank. Spray with silicone. Open and close valve...spray again....let dry.
Then turn water back on.
I do this every month or so. Be sure the rubber seal is clean. You can put on some rubber gloves and feel the seal. It should be smooth. If it is rough, then replace. The Kit, Flush Ball Seal is Sku 9108559082. Mfg. Number 385311658.

He's talking about the water valve...
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Shut off the water. Let all water run from tank. Spray with silicone. Open and close valve...spray again....let dry.
Then turn water back on.
I do this every month or so. Be sure the rubber seal is clean. You can put on some rubber gloves and feel the seal. It should be smooth. If it is rough, then replace. The Kit, Flush Ball Seal is Sku 9108559082. Mfg. Number 385311658.