cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specific Need

chuckp909
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, I'm new to this website and I have a very specific RV need. I basically want a small class B van that I can take to visit my children and grandchildren. I pretty much want a bedroom on wheels. One that has heat and A/C that I can power from their electrical service. That's all. Don't need a sink, shower, toilet or microwave. Just a place of my own to sleep when I visit. Does such a vehicle exist?

Thanks so much for your advice.

Chuck
11 REPLIES 11

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure if they still do but VW used to make just what you’re looking for. You may have to add the heat and air but it’s a good starting point.

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
What's your budget? That pretty much drives what and how you end up doing it.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
There's a company called Sportsmobile who will build a van to your specifications. Or you can convert a cargo van yourself, depending on your skills. Ours is a mid-roof Transit; and it's basically a large bed, with a teeny kit. sink and portapotty. Exactly what we wanted for sightseeing and visiting 🙂
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
agwill wrote:
Build a conversion van. Check out You Tube, Cheap living etc..

I would go with that suggestion as well. For several years I had a Dodge Maxi Van which had a partial conversion.
Two front seats (Captain's chair type)
Two rear seats (Same) all 4 could swivel to a common round table (Single pedistal mount)

Two bench seats with a retangular pedestial table between them that could be lowered to make a bed (Queen) That's all.

If I were you I'd add roof air (13,500 btu or 1500 your choice)

And when you need it a portable cassette toilet and curtains (Including privacy for the privy) The toilet can be handy but the portable 5 gallon size is easily removed when you do not need it.

Same for curtains.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
I’ve seen a couple of minivans with a cot in the back. Happy campers. Not so good in a cold winter, though.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

RickLight
Explorer III
Explorer III
It's amazing how pleasant a convenient bathroom can be. This gets more important as one get further I to grand parent age.
Rick,

2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 273MK
2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
PullRite Superglide

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Grit Dog nailed it !

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
No, you're still looking for a B. Conversion vans won't have round the clock heat and AC. If you happen to get a sink or toilet with it, consider it a bonus. You may actually like it too.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Truck with a small camper might be less expensive than a B.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I think you're looking for a conversion van.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

agwill
Explorer
Explorer
Build a conversion van. Check out You Tube, Cheap living etc..
al