Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roof Replacment

RV_Explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All,
I have several questions in preparation to replacing an RV roof. Trying to research to be prepared and not be surprised by the cost, time, and difficulty.

How much did your it cost to replace your RV roof?

What type of roof did you have, did you replace or repair it with the same kind of roofing material?

Did you repair it yourself? If not, where did you get it fixed?

How difficult/hard was the whole process?
6 REPLIES 6

LiamBlack
Explorer
Explorer
It is expensive and difficult, but nothing is impossible. The price can be from 7 to 10 dollars. When choosing, pay attention to Flex Armor, I liked this option.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
As others have said... if you are paying for a total roof replacement I would STRONGLY consider Flex Armor. It is a vastly superior product to EPDM or TPO roofing.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Larry-D
Explorer
Explorer
Tree limb fell and tore it in multiple places in ours last year. Within 2 weeks a local dealer got it in and I got it back in 3 days. The roof had 5 "penetrations", such as the bathroom vent etc. and the replace cost was $5000 for the 28' trailer.

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
We went Flex Armor as well.....even on the slide-outs. A bit pricy.....but we have a lot of stuff on the roof. Lots of man-hours labor involved! If you plan on keeping the RV for an extended period of time.....I think that Flex Armor should be considered! memtb
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
sayoung wrote:
1st off, you will be astonished how much it costs but there is a lot of labor & material. My 35 ft 5er was quoted last March from $7600 to $8900 for the OEM style roof. I did some research at had the RV FLEX Armor roof system which is a spray on roof & warranties for the life of the rv. There are several locations nationwide. $7200 which included new fans, covers, new refrigerator vent, & skylight. They remove every thing from the roof & spray. No seams & they overlap the front cap to seal that seam..

I had my failed rubber roof replaced with RV Flex Armor 4 1/2 years ago. My rubber roof membrane was failing at 4 1/2 years old.

I will put Flex Armor on my next RV before I move into it. I won't trust another rubber roof for one day even if brand new.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
1st off, you will be astonished how much it costs but there is a lot of labor & material. My 35 ft 5er was quoted last March from $7600 to $8900 for the OEM style roof. I did some research at had the RV FLEX Armor roof system which is a spray on roof & warranties for the life of the rv. There are several locations nationwide. $7200 which included new fans, covers, new refrigerator vent, & skylight. They remove every thing from the roof & spray. No seams & they overlap the front cap to seal that seam..