cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Nashville - Where to stay

lookup123
Explorer
Explorer
What is the best RV campground to stay at in Nashville, TN?
We are new at this and do not know where to stay.
Nashville- WHat is the best Rv campground to stay at in Nashville?
20 REPLIES 20

TomB_
Explorer
Explorer
sdianel wrote:
For the price we prefer Two Rivers Campground. Not as fancy as the others maybe but it is on the same road. They book up quickly so I would make reservations. They only have a few 50 amp sites and you must ask for one when you make reservations. They also have water and electric sites only so be specific. If you don't mind driving back into Nashville, 7 miles east is Seven Points Corps of Engineers campground on J Percy Priest Lake. Beautiful setting. Water and electric sites

This is a great campground! We stayed there last December while my wife was in school. We were parked in the back, next to the fence that separated us from Jellystone campground which had a Christmas light show with 9 million LED lights going on. Fantastic nightly show!!! The staff was quite helpful from the moment we arrived until we left. They actually got upset if we didn't ask for help for the more difficult parts of loading, unloading, setup, & breakdown of the campsite. I guess they got a little overprotective of us when they saw the handicap placard in the windshield of our coach.

In short, when we pass through that area again, we WILL be staying there again.!!!

xaugievike
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't go to loveless cafe while you're there your trip should be counted as a failure.

As an aside...we've always stayed at two rivers. It's a convenient spot to set up shop close to the attractions.
2015 Chevy Silverado 3500hd DRW.
Pulling Keystone Cougar 325SRX

A buddy and I started a blog - you can read it here:
http://twoguyscamping.blogspot.com

SteveB
Explorer
Explorer
I stayed at Two Rivers in 2010. It was nice. I like to go to Loveless Cafe but it is a bit of a drive.
2015 RAM 3500 CTD Auto 4X4 CC Dually, Reese 20K
SOLD 8/2015 '01 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD HO 6sp, Reese 15K Pro w/ Kwik Slide, Prodigy

'04 Jayco Jayflight 28.5RKS

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
Your not going to see much in 2 days. Just touring the Opry Land Hotel will pretty much shoot one day. Than Grand Ole Opry at night.

Country Music Hall of Fame. There goes another day.
Music Row. The list goes on and on.
The River Boat
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+

jvharal
Explorer
Explorer
A few miles southeast of Nashville is Cedars of Lebanon State Park. Twenty bucks a night and not too bad for a state park.
James, Virginia and Jackson (terrier mix)
2016 Ford F350 4x4 Dually
2015 Open Range 3X349 RLS

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
What kind of rig?
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

wingsfan20
Explorer
Explorer
Nashville north has a shuttle that takes you to downtown Nashville. Saves a parking headache.
Jim :W
2007 Silverado 3/4 LTZ Crew Duramax/Allison
2008 Keystone Cougar 311RLS

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
We did a coast to coast trip three years ago and stopped in Nashville for three days. Since then, we've done nothing but make plans to go back. Three days was just not enough. This year we're doing another coast to coast trip with Nashville being the prime stop of at least a week. If you can stretch out your stop to 4-5 FULL days, you won't be disappointed.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
while your there you could go to the american pickers bldg as seen on tv, but its not nearly as big as shown on tv the store there in is not very big, but the bldg is .its a row of flea market antique shops.but nice.

Can-AmDuo
Explorer
Explorer
I belong to Passport America and have stayed at Nashville Yogi Bear Campground on Music Valley Drive for half price. Passport America subscription $44 ... 2 nights at $62 discount, you have more than paid for your 1 yr fee. Enjoy the rest of the year on them.
Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
lookup123 wrote:
Only have 2 days in Nashville, what would you recommend I see?
Darn.. you need 2 weeks.

Check out 3rd and Lindsley bar. With any luck Vince Gill and the Time Jumpers will be there. And if you ask "Who's Vince Gill"? ..you should just skip Nashville!! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

lookup123
Explorer
Explorer
Only have 2 days in Nashville, what would you recommend I see? I love country music, I will be vising Jonny Cash Musuem.

lookup123
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the feedback.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Just stayed last week at the KOA north is was about $10 less per night than the KOA at music row - had a great stay we will stay there again
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks