cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a disgusting problem… HELP!!!

KnowNuthin
Explorer
Explorer
This first part of my post is a rant, as I can’t believe what was done to us and our property… feel free to skip to the third paragraph to avoid my vitriol… on we go…

We had some “guests” on our rural property, staying in their RV. Well, it began as one RV… they dragged two more here as time went on...The 30-to-40 year old trailers they bought couldn’t keep up with the rigors of full-time living of two adults, one adult child, two small children and three VERY unfriendly biting dogs (I was bitten once, Julie twice and our dogs were terrified of running on our 20 acre property for fear of being cornered and torn into).... Initially, they were invited to stay with us for six to eight weeks while they secured permanent digs... then came a herd of six goats... then chickens, ducks, rabbits and two cats...most of the time, they "didn't have the money" to pay their share of the utility bill... "We'll make it up to you..." . Two years later, while we were away, on vacation, they finally moved on, moving from our home in rural Montana to Lynchburg, VA.

All along, I was giving them suggestions on how to best take care of day-to-day living. Most, if not all, of my suggestions were dismissed out of hand… "he knows what he is doing, leave us alone" is all I got in return...occasionally, I would see a drum in the back of his pickup, thinking he was taking a full drum to town to dump it in a local RV dump... I shoulda known... now I’m paying the price… this is after they "cleaned up"...

Trash I can deal with, rent a dump trailer and load it up with the tractor... I'll give away the two remaining trailers or pay to have them disposed of, the biggest issue I have is eight 55 gallon drums of black tank waste...

I have no idea what to do with them... I've called our local waste water people (most of the county has individual septic systems, all the pumped out vault contents go to a central waste water facility)...

I've tried the "We Handle Any Type of Waste" companies, they only deal with "industrial" waste...

I really don't want to open my septic tank lid and dump it in there as 400 odd gallons would over tax our 1000 gallon tank...

I've considered loading all the drums onto a flatbed trailer they left behind (the one full of trash in the photo above). towing it to Virginia and leaving it in the offenders new driveway... that's probably my last resort (but not entirely out of the question)...

I'm open to suggestions ... Anyone?

Oh, and for those who read my entire rant... thanks for letting me vent...doesn't help my issue much but my mind is somewhat more relaxed now...
2005 2500HD D/A CC LB 4X4 being pushed by:
2016 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2007 Ural GearUp Arctic
32 REPLIES 32

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
bigred1cav wrote:
Send them a $500.00 invoice for cleanup. When unpaid sue in small claims court. Get a replevin to seize belongs and take their motorhome.

Mentioning legal action gets this thread automatically deleted.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
Send them a $500.00 invoice for cleanup. When unpaid sue in small claims court. Get a replevin to seize belongs and take their motorhome.

^^ They MAY have used a macerator to fill the drums?? They usually use a 3/4" garden hose as the output hose.
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

wapiticountry
Explorer
Explorer
Mr. C wrote:
How do you fill 55gal drums from the black tank dump valve?...:h

That’s a dang good question! To the OP, are you sure sewage is what is actually in those drums? You may have found Jimmy Hoffa.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
If that is how they respected you and your property I would not want them anywhere near me or my property again.

I rent to one of my adult kids. She has a signed agreement and pays rent just like the other tenants, also just like I did when I rented from my Dad.

There is no way I'd be letting a relative, child of mine or not, bring some junk trailer onto my property to live in.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

KnowNuthin
Explorer
Explorer
I’ll take a picture of the sewer line the SIL constructed… the trailer was higher than the drum… drum was laying on its side with the larger opening as high as possible…
2007 Ural GearUp Arctic

Mr__C
Explorer
Explorer
How do you fill 55gal drums from the black tank dump valve?...:h
2020 Keystone Cougar 26RBS "Pressure Relief 4"
2017 Silverado LTZ 6.2 4x4

MM2 USN 1970-75
USS Canisteo AO-99
USS Miller DE-1091

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Knowledge is good". Emil Faber

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
How about fill the septic in the morning where you have the pumper scheduled to pump the main septic tank in the early afternoon.

I doubt any price would be high enough to take eight drums from a neighbor and bury them in your property.
Yet so many think it is OK because the drums are yours...

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
I wouldn't dump them in my septic. Even you don't know for sure if they added something that will negatively impact your septic.

Personally, if a porta john cleaner couldn't or wouldn't do it, I would follow the suggestion of digging a hole and dump in hole over time.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
DO what you gotta do to make a big enough hole for the Porta jon pumps to empty the drums. Then rinse them and dump that into your septic. Won't be much going into your septic tank that way. Crush the barrels and take them to the scrap yard.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

msmith1_wa
Explorer
Explorer
I would dump one at a time spread out over a couple months into the septic. Get a fitting that fits the larger opening and connect pipe or hose with a valve to control the flow, and reduce chances of making a mess and a connection on the small opening for a hose to add fresh water to flush out the drum. Maybe even adapt the outlet to a macerator.
2003 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 8.1l
2016 Evergreen Amped 28FS

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
It won’t fit in a regular size barrel bung. Unless the turd burglar has a special mini poop sucker attachment.
That won’t clean the barrels either. You’ll just have less waste and the same number of contaminated barrels to deal with.
BTW, legit dumps and transfer stations will NOT take random empty or partially filled drums without a chain of custody. For obvious reasons.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

KnowNuthin
Explorer
Explorer
CarnationSailor wrote:
So, two trailers were occupied for 2 years and producing how much waste over that period? Let's assume each trailer had a black tank capacity of 25 gallons and to be conservative, let's assume it took a week to fill them up. Then, total waste produced over two years: 104 weeks X 25 gallons X 2 trailers = 5200 gallons. The 8 barrels held 55 X 8 = 440 gallons. So where did the other 4760 gallons of waste go? How were they disposing of it when not putting it in barrels? With such a small opening in the top of the barrels, how did they get it into the barrels? Using a funnel? Inquiring minds want to know.

The good news is: They were camping on the far side of our barn (which is why they accumulated so many drums… I didn’t want to go anywhere near them… it was a bad situation all around) anyway, they were 250 yards from the nearest yard hydrant… he was getting ready to run a water line that distance… I was adamant… no running water out that far… pissed him off… oh well… I can’t imagine what I’d have to deal with if they had unlimited access to water…

I also can’t imagine living two years without running water…. But that’s just me…

So, yes, basically a PVC funnel into the drum…

I contacted a PortaJohn company, the guy said they could pump them if their nozzle fit inside the opening… gotta do some measuring now…
2007 Ural GearUp Arctic

CarnationSailor
Explorer II
Explorer II
So, two trailers were occupied for 2 years and producing how much waste over that period? Let's assume each trailer had a black tank capacity of 25 gallons and to be conservative, let's assume it took a week to fill them up. Then, total waste produced over two years: 104 weeks X 25 gallons X 2 trailers = 5200 gallons. The 8 barrels held 55 X 8 = 440 gallons. So where did the other 4760 gallons of waste go? How were they disposing of it when not putting it in barrels? With such a small opening in the top of the barrels, how did they get it into the barrels? Using a funnel? Inquiring minds want to know.
2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax