cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Windows 10 Start Up Screen

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to change the picture on the Start Up Screen to just One Picture.

Currently it keeps rotating to a Windows chosen picture and I want to turn that off and just put my own picture without their rotating pictures.

Went to Settings / Personalization / Lock Screen / Picture...chose my own picture...

then shut down and turned back on. My picture came up, but then their rotating pictures came back.

Thanks!
9 REPLIES 9

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Sherlock Thanks great tip!
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
No, I didn't want to eliminate the lock screen either, just the extra screen before the lock screen.

Not only do I want the lock screen, my normal account does not have administrator privileges.

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
sherlock62 wrote:
camperforlife wrote:
joebedford wrote:
So is there any way to get rid of the photo and go straight to the login screen. I know it's only one keystroke to get rid of it but it annoys me.

If you have updated to the Anniversary Edition it cannot be disabled. If not you can Google disable Win 10 lock screen and there are many articles on it but if I recall correctly you do have to make changes in the registry.

--------------------
It's very very easy to disable the Win 10 lock screen. No need for registry editing....

How to disable the Windows 10 lock screen

Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run window.
In the Run window, type: netplwiz
Click OK.
Click your account within the Users for this computer field.
Click the checkbox (take check mark out of the box) beside Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer. ...
Click Apply.

The question was not how to disable the lock screen and I did word my response incorrectly which mislead you. Yes you can disable the lock screen but you cannot eliminate the picture screen prior to the lock screen with the anniversary edition.

sherlock62
Explorer
Explorer
camperforlife wrote:
joebedford wrote:
So is there any way to get rid of the photo and go straight to the login screen. I know it's only one keystroke to get rid of it but it annoys me.

If you have updated to the Anniversary Edition it cannot be disabled. If not you can Google disable Win 10 lock screen and there are many articles on it but if I recall correctly you do have to make changes in the registry.

--------------------
It's very very easy to disable the Win 10 lock screen. No need for registry editing....

How to disable the Windows 10 lock screen

Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run window.
In the Run window, type: netplwiz
Click OK.
Click your account within the Users for this computer field.
Click the checkbox (take check mark out of the box) beside Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer. ...
Click Apply.

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
joebedford wrote:

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks...it worked ๐Ÿ™‚

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you so much...will do.

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
You're close but you are not done, you only changed the lock screen. In addition go to Settings/ personalization/background/ then switch background to picture, drop down to the next box click browse and pick the picture you want from the file of your choice.