cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Putting new Dish Wally in service MH

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Finally figured out how the receiver hooks up in our Canyon Star handicap coach. Dish says I can take the Wally from the SB and use it in the MH. I am not sure I want to do that since I have to get up on a short step stool in order to make that happen.
I have a new Wally that I just got but trying to figure out would it be easier to let it download all the necessary stuff in order to put it in service in the house and then move it or try to let it download and set up in the coach? Will I need wifi to make this happen if I et it up in the coach?
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow
5 REPLIES 5

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
You're right - ViP-211k. (It's time for an update on my eye glasses)
There is a Vip-211z model but it's not as good as the "k" model - it doesn't have an internal OTA tuner but one can be added just like the Wally. The 211k turns out to be one of the better Dish receivers. I found three of them on Craig's List for $30 - one for the house, one for the MH and a spare just in case.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
DFord wrote:
Not sure which satellite dish you're using but more than likely you'll need to do a switch check before the receiver from your (SB?) can be used in the MH. Every time you switch antennas you'll need to do a switch check.

Once the antenna is mated to the receiver with a switch check and correctly pointed at the satellite array, it will download the guide but it might take 5-10 minutes to complete.

I bought a Wally but after seeing that it's only got one output (and single HDMI port), I still haven't installed it. I'm using ViP211z receivers and like them much better. They got several outputs (componet ports-yellow-red & white, an RF port and HDMI), a built-in off the air signal tuner as well as the external DVR capability.

I've got 2 TVs in my MH and would need to add a HDMI splitter and HDMI cable to the back TV before I could use the Wally. The only thing the Wally has the ViP211z doesn't is the newer guide. I'm not sure it's worth the trouble.

I think you mean 211K, not 211z.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
Channels won't matter - that's an RF term like the old days of off the air signals. You'll need to select HDMI as the input source and use only HDMI cables to the TVs. The trouble is, there's only one HDMI output on the Wally. You'll need to buy an HDMI splitter so you have two HDMI signals - one for each TV. Lots of luck running a cable to the back TV.
Don Ford
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
The dipswitches have been set for Dish. The previous owner had Direct and the switches have been switched over to Dish. In a burst of energy I climbed on top of the coach and changed. ๐Ÿ˜‰ won't be doing that again.
I think the coach system is set up to allow the front and rear TVs to work, but they both have the same signal/channel.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure which satellite dish you're using but more than likely you'll need to do a switch check before the receiver from your (SB?) can be used in the MH. Every time you switch antennas you'll need to do a switch check.

Once the antenna is mated to the receiver with a switch check and correctly pointed at the satellite array, it will download the guide but it might take 5-10 minutes to complete.

I bought a Wally but after seeing that it's only got one output (and single HDMI port), I still haven't installed it. I'm using ViP211z receivers and like them much better. They got several outputs (componet ports-yellow-red & white, an RF port and HDMI), a built-in off the air signal tuner as well as the external DVR capability.

I've got 2 TVs in my MH and would need to add a HDMI splitter and HDMI cable to the back TV before I could use the Wally. The only thing the Wally has the ViP211z doesn't is the newer guide. I'm not sure it's worth the trouble.
Don Ford