cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pathway X2 repair?

SparkDr
Explorer
Explorer
I have a pair of Winegard Pathway X2 portable satellites for Dish. A few days ago, one of them got all wonky for lack of better words. It was growling and grumbling making all sorts of horrible noises and not finding a signal. For background, I was using it set up on a ladder in the backyard for an extended period of time to feed a TV in the garage during our โ€œoffโ€ season up here in the Northeast. Iโ€™m pretty sure it got wet and then froze and I was certain I had stripped out gears or messed up a motor in it. I swapped it out for the other unit and decided to see if I could fix this one myself. After thawing it out overnight and doing a full tear down and testing, I could not find or duplicate the problem, so I reassembled it to the stow position. FWIW, I was actually pretty impressed at the size and quality of the gearing in these things as I dug into it. Thankfully, it now works as it should with no sign of damage. However, while waiting for it to thaw, I decided to look for repair parts for these units online. This led me to the unfortunate conclusion that such things might not be available as my search was fruitless. Anybody been down this road before? I was lucky this time but wonder where I might turn if a repair is ever actually needed.
May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut up whenever I get too caught up in my own misconceived brilliance.
3 REPLIES 3

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Winegard does not offer any repair parts directly to the consumer. If your Winegard unit requires repair it must be shipped back to Winegard at your expense. They will then examine the unit and contact you with a repair estimate.

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
We have had one for 3 years w/o issue.
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Iโ€™m going on year three or four with mine. It occasionally takes 2-3 attempts to lock and download.

I figure if it dies, if I canโ€™t fix myself Iโ€™ll buy another.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.