cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No CD player in new SUV

Horizon170
Explorer
Explorer
Wife has a 2018 Equinox and it didn't have a CD player. It does have a USB port. Is there a CD player I can buy and plug into the USB and run it through the Radio? Not a ton of room in the dash to install anything large.
Marvin

2010 Coachman Freelander 22TB on a
2008 Sprinter/Freightliner chassis
1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)
20 REPLIES 20

Chinolbz
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have a CD player that they use and like? A quick search came up empty. Chino

ccchuck
Explorer
Explorer
My old class c's radio has no bluetooth nor any plug ins. I play music using a FM transmitter. I am looking for a better mp3 player to use with a FM transmitter, mine will accept bluetooth, that has a nice menu system so i can access a particular album.
Help and suggestions, not counting "replace the radio" :-), wanted.
RVing since '74..

Horizon170
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for solving my audio problem.:B
Marvin

2010 Coachman Freelander 22TB on a
2008 Sprinter/Freightliner chassis
1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
hawkeye-08 wrote:
Is there a folder structure recommended or just put all the music on the usb without folders? I copied mine to USB but it is hard to find what I want on the menu when playing it??

That is up to you. If you have several Types of music IE FOLK ROCK, Classical, Blue Grass. you can short that way.. Or by artist, or by album or by.. Well you are the librarian so you decide how to do it.

Alas. I can't tell you how to slice and dice.. I can only tell you how I Do it

I have a choir practice folder (Yup I sing in the choir)
Church favorites
Assorted artists
Assorted albums
Assorted types (Folk, FIlk, One-offs)
and more.. Can be fun telling it to play all shuffel ๐Ÿ™‚
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
I download audio books and eBooks from my library's web site. For books that are in high demand, there usually is a waiting period. You will need a card for your library to download books.
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
obgraham wrote:
I buy my audio books in the second hand store bins, usually very cheap. Play them on long days' drives. Pain in the rear to copy them over to digital when you are only going to play them one time. Easier to just pop the disc in the CD slot. If there is one!
Audio books are available in digital form, maybe not as cheap as second hand store bins but then a person's time is worth something.

I use audible.com via phone and listen to books when I travel and walk (which I do most every day). It's not cheap but reasonable and has all the latest books. It actually motivates me to get out and walk. ๐Ÿ™‚
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
hawkeye-08 wrote:
Is there a folder structure recommended or just put all the music on the usb without folders? I copied mine to USB but it is hard to find what I want on the menu when playing it??
Mine is in album folders within artist folders. That is navigable by my vehicle's audio system.
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
There is still a good use for a CD player. Even though all my music CD's are now on my iPod. Audio books.

I buy my audio books in the second hand store bins, usually very cheap. Play them on long days' drives. Pain in the rear to copy them over to digital when you are only going to play them one time. Easier to just pop the disc in the CD slot. If there is one!

hawkeye-08
Explorer II
Explorer II

az99
Explorer
Explorer
My USB stick replaced all the worthless babbling of the DJs on Sirius/XM and the CDs. Best thing to happen to music since the CD.
All music all the time and never a Beatles song.

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Our '16 Buick Encore has a CD player but we have yet to use it. We either use SiriusXM or Bluetooth on our phones. Androids with 32 gb SD cards, and PowerAmp for the MP3 player. The car sees it and operates PowerAmp as if it's native.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Is there a USB pulg in CD player.. Well yes there are many. I have 2 of them

WIll it work on yoru Car Entainerment/Driver info system? Unknown You see you need the proper DRIVER for it to work. I do not know if the radio has the proper Driver.

IF you are near me (Currently Standish MI, next week St. Clair MI) I can "Loan" you one of the drives for test.. (Not offering it but for the length of one CD).. I may even loan you a CD to test it with.

Option.. I have a few CD's I'd really hate to misplace.. Example "Unbroken" by Trinity River Band.. THough I'm not that big a fan of Blue Grass. (I have a "Friend" (not really all that friendly) who sings a song where the repeating line is "I think blue grass sucks") it has been my pleasure to hear some top rated Blue Grass Groups... In fact my first encounter was the state Champion in competition. and TRB is also a TOP rated group.. Their Christmas CD (On a Morning like this) is another favorite.

SO I used my Windows 10 box to rip 'em and store them on the phone as MP3s

And then I feed them to my Radios, headphones, whatever I want to feed 'em too.

Though driving the RV (Which can play CD's.. I spin the disc.. Lovely.

NOTE: Works great.

NOTE: If I am using Google Maps on the phone and Lola (Name given those programs by Robin Williams in movie RV) needs to talk to me. it pauses the song playing till she's done.. Very nice.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Load her favorite music to a smart phone and connect the phone to the cars audio system. Hands free phone calls, hands free music. CDโ€™s are are dying technology.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
In my Miata, I take along my Nano ipod and plug it into the aux port. It's very small and I play my tunes through the radio. We only use the Miata for a couple months in the summer right now so we don't activate the Sirius on it. It has a CD slot, but we don't have room in the car to carry a bunch of CD's, so I put them on the ipod and use it.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/