cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New DISH equipment to sell, husband died

Dave5w
Explorer
Explorer
Last fall my husband and I switched from DirecTv to DISH because DirecTv was making changes to their RV programming. We also use satellite in our home in FL so we have been using that since October. When we signed up with DISH, we were talked into buying the equipment for the RV because it was on sale. We could turn it on when we traveled in the summer. It was a great plan except that he died suddenly in February. I was the driver but I cannot go RVing by myself. He was my navigator. I would appreciate suggestions of how to sell this new equipment, boxes never opened. It is a Wally and an HDTV Indoor Over the Air Antenna with Dual USB adapter. DISH will not take them back because it has been so many months since we purchased them. They said the warranty would not be activated until the equipment was installed in the RV.
Sunnybrook 2006 34BWKS 36' triple slide pulled by 2002 Silverado 2500HD 8L engine and 4.1 rear.
9 REPLIES 9

Dave5w wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions. With the virus situation in the country, I think I should wait to do this so I don't have to meet with someone who might be ill and not know it yet.

Also need to sell truck and RV but I think I might get more later when things settle down.

Please Check you private messages....
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Dave5w
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the suggestions. With the virus situation in the country, I think I should wait to do this so I don't have to meet with someone who might be ill and not know it yet.

Also need to sell truck and RV but I think I might get more later when things settle down.
Sunnybrook 2006 34BWKS 36' triple slide pulled by 2002 Silverado 2500HD 8L engine and 4.1 rear.

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Second Chance wrote:
We've had good luck with Facebook Marketplace on several items lately. If you have a FaceBook account, you might try that. The last few things I listed on Craigslist only resulted in being contacted by scammers.Rob
Yes, selling on Craigslist can bring scammers out of the woodwork and if that bothers the seller they should avoid online selling websites. But I have sold multiple cars, a camera, etc. on Craigslist with no problem (I always assume a scammer first). A couple of the cars sold overnight. I save a lot of money by not trading in cars when I decide to buy a new one. A little common sense and caution (where you meet) goes a long way.
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
We've had good luck with Facebook Marketplace on several items lately. If you have a FaceBook account, you might try that. The last few things I listed on Craigslist only resulted in being contacted by scammers.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

dalej
Explorer
Explorer
Another internet possibility is Offerup
2005 Chevy HD2500, ext cab, 4x4, 8.1, allison,lwb,srw, 265 75 16's, timbrens

SparkDr
Explorer
Explorer
In the big picture, I wouldn’t fret this too much. Both of these items can be had new on Amazon for little more than $100 today. Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, and classified sections of forums like this should generate enough interest to find them a new home. If you can find someone to pay you half that plus the shipping costs, it’s probably fair enough for both parties.
May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut up whenever I get too caught up in my own misconceived brilliance.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Try Craig’s List.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Dave5w wrote:
Last fall my husband and I switched from DirecTv to DISH because DirecTv was making changes to their RV programming. We also use satellite in our home in FL so we have been using that since October. When we signed up with DISH, we were talked into buying the equipment for the RV because it was on sale. We could turn it on when we traveled in the summer. It was a great plan except that he died suddenly in February. I was the driver but I cannot go RVing by myself. He was my navigator. I would appreciate suggestions of how to sell this new equipment, boxes never opened. It is a Wally and an HDTV Indoor Over the Air Antenna with Dual USB adapter. DISH will not take them back because it has been so many months since we purchased them. They said the warranty would not be activated until the equipment was installed in the RV.

Check around with some of your local RV shops. Call Dish customer service and ask to speak a manager/supervisor.

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry for your lost, may he RIP..
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo