cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mobley Administrative Fees

BluStem
Explorer
Explorer
My $22.04 a month came to an end three months ago when the administrative fee went up .50 cents. I just paid my bill and after three months of 22.54 it's done gone up again. It's now 23.27, up another .73 cents. I only have Connected Car with AT&T.
I have seen somewhere on these forums that some have gone up $7.00!
Did I read that right?
2008 Dodge 2500 Quadcab
2010 Rockwood 2304S
45 REPLIES 45

MrWizard
not that i'm aware of
but i run mine off battery all day, then plug it into the charger at night

the problem to avoid is being on the laptop or charger full time
you can damage the battery
if going to tether all the time, charge the battery then remove it

it will work of the charger or the PC USB without the battery
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is charging via USB a bad thing? The Netgear MiFi if pretty awesome so if there is something I am missing I would appreciate an update.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
it has a removable battery good for about 20hrs
it charges via USB,
mine came with charger and cable
it has ports for an external antenna, which i bought after a month or so of using with out
it has better reception (gets a stronger signal) than the Mobley even with out the external antenna
and in a pinch can act as a portable battery to power your cellphone
a function you can turn on from the touch screen menu
Great information, thanks.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

MrWizard
it has a removable battery good for about 20hrs
it charges via USB,
mine came with charger and cable
it has ports for an external antenna, which i bought after a month or so of using with out
it has better reception (gets a stronger signal) than the Mobley even with out the external antenna
and in a pinch can act as a portable battery to power your cellphone
a function you can turn on from the touch screen menu
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
concord 05 wrote:
As I said before I am not tech savey. I have spent some time rereading the posts. I think the best solution for us is the Netgear device. Is it really as simple as moving the SIM card to the new device. If itโ€™s anymore technical than that Iโ€™m sunk.

Yes, it's really that simple...
Does the Netgear Unite Explore 815S come with a charging cable and plug? Is it just a USB like an android phone?

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
concord 05 wrote:
I do believe the Hulu rep said the changing ip address is the problem with the Mobley hotspot. Even though there is only 2 of us the addition of the smart tv has pushed our 5 device limit to to the max. Came across some forum last night talking about att and SIM cards in non Mobley devices. The question being debated was would att cancel your plan if you moved the SIM card.

I finished a 7 day Hulu trial subscription a couple of weeks ago using the app on my FireTVstick and my Mobley/Connected Car Plan. No problems. Even DSL and cable Internet services change IP addresses from time to time.

The only reports I've ever seen of AT&T taking action over a Mobley SIM swap was when it was installed in a smartphone instead of a hotspot. AT&T's TOS makes it clear that as long as the SIM swap is to the same class device, in this case another hotspot, it's ok.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
concord 05 wrote:
As I said before I am not tech savey. I have spent some time rereading the posts. I think the best solution for us is the Netgear device. Is it really as simple as moving the SIM card to the new device. If itโ€™s anymore technical than that Iโ€™m sunk.

Yes, it's really that simple...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

concord_05
Explorer
Explorer

MrWizard
to my knowledge, they have NOT done that to anybody 'YET'

is your router in repeater/extender mode
or bridge mode

IIRC in repeater mode the ip address show show as the mobley, not as something else

i don't have a hulu account but i had no trouble accessing the page and the website wanting my login or sign up
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

concord_05
Explorer
Explorer
I do believe the Hulu rep said the changing ip address is the problem with the Mobley hotspot. Even though there is only 2 of us the addition of the smart tv has pushed our 5 device limit to to the max. Came across some forum last night talking about att and SIM cards in non Mobley devices. The question being debated was would att cancel your plan if you moved the SIM card.

MrWizard
if you decide to talk to ATT again

say its hulu on your tablet in the car for the kids

don't mention 'smart TV' and router, the Mobley is on the 'Car Connect' plan for mobile use ... REMEMBER
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yep, complete BS. The Mobley can only support 5 connections so you may be trying to to get too many connections even using a 2nd router to make it all work. Have you tried buying a Netgear 815S router and putting the SIM card in that device? Many of us have had excellent results with this setup.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

MrWizard
i call BS
not sure of your problem , maybe something with the IP address
i know plenty of people who watch hulu on their cellphones and tablets
try it on your PC thru the mobley
is your smart TV using its own hulu app ?
see if there is an update for the app
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

concord_05
Explorer
Explorer
I am not tech savey. I have a mobley which when not traveling it is our only WiFi at home. I run it through my old Centurylink router so I can connect with my eprinter. It works great for most of our devices. Got a smart tv this week and this is my first exposure to Netflix which works great on the Mobley. Tried to hook up Hulu but it would not work. Technical support says it wonโ€™t work on hotspots because they constantly search and change locations. We live directly under an ATT tower but they said that didnโ€™t matter. It still sensed location changes. Anyway around this?